All this fighting is worthless

by Danni 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Danni
    Danni

YoYoMama So if she believed that her son is trying to destroy her faith, thus killing her physically, she could choose to avoid him like a plague.

Where is your faith if you are afriad of your own children? who has told this woman she will be in danger if her son came to visit. What Blble scripture has said that? Is God stronger than Satan? If so should they be in fear of him? Can you call it faith if you fear Satan.? If she worries about losing her faith why not just make house rules.? We obey my mom's house rules I don't believe I am the only one to have respect for my mother. Will you go visit her and tell her all the love her son has for her before she dies, how much he misses her or will that be destroying her faith also?

If you have God on your side and fear your own child's visit then it's time to redefine your faith...

• Danni
    Danni

Enough of this: Show me the scriptures.I have a Bible with me now. Show me where they cannot visit their own dying parents. Give me scriptures I don't want anything from your wt books. I don't want any opinion just give me the evidence. If you can't than maybe you should check yoursleves. I want to read where it says to obey a book other than the bible. I want to see where you are to completely stop loving , talking, enjoying your famlies love because they refuse to believe the way you chose. Show me now.

• seven006
    seven006

YoYo,

Please take a few seconds and read what you just posted. Isn't your addressing me about spiritual matters an exact contradiction of your last post? I wish my mom had the weakness in her faith to come to this board and talk to her son.

I respect my moms thoughts and beliefs but I do not agree with them. Don't tell me that my mom has interpreted the JW rules wrong for the past 16 years. She has more faith in that religion than you will ever have. She would never think about coming to this board and preaching how wrong it is to talk of spiritual matters to disfellowshipped people. That would be total hypocrisy on her part.

Can't you see that you are doing just that? You state a religious belief and in your direct action of doing it you are disobeying it. Can't you see the conflict here? Do you have a special hall pas like Robert to come to this board in direct disobedience to your religious teaching? If you do, please can you lend it to my mom. An extra one for my step dad might be nice too. That way he won't turn his back to me if I see him again.

This just blows me away!

Dave

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Danni ask's Yoyo:

Where is your faith if you are afriad of your own children?

Yoyo inadvertantly pre-answered:

If you read the Watchtower articles carefully regarding this issue....

BTW, Yoyo, other than general spiritual retardation, why do the bastards from brooklyn insist more strongly on shunning spiritual association, as opposed to more mundane social association? Doesn't the mildly relevant scripture to this discussion say something along the lines of, "treat that one as a man of the nations"?

Funny how JW's insist on social shunning of all "worldly" people, to one extent or another, but also insist on their right and responsibility to engage people of the nations, ie: worldly people, in spiritual association.

Yo Yoyo, why then would it be improper for witnesses to engage in spiritual conversations and associations with a df/da'd person?

Intelligent inquiring minds want to know.

Do tell.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

One more thing I don't understand, and didn't understand during my witness career either; why is it ok for an elder to have spiritual association with a df'd or da'd person, but not for that persons mother or father or sister or brother or best friend to have the same spiritual association?

• seven006
    seven006

Danni,

The JW leaders have written their own bible and have taken out things and changed things to fit their own beliefs. It is called the "New Word Translation of the Holy Scriptures." They are the only religion that use this version of the bible and with out it their manipulation of their people is impossable. Their translation is not considered to be even closly accurate to any original translation of hebrew and greek.

What every YoYo posts back to you will be from this distorted version of the bible. Once you change the main rule book you can make any rule up that you want. The real purpose of disfellowshipped is to keep the people who have learned about other concepts of god and religion away from those who live and breath by the watchtowers individual interpretation of their own invented bible version.

They tell their people they will die at Armageddon if they do not follow their exact instructions to the letter. It is fear of death at this mythical war that keeps the people fearful of disobeying. It is complete and total mind control of a cult. Ask YoYo or Robert how many other religions see the New World Translation as an accepted version of the bible. The answer is easy to figure out, it is "0."

Create your own bible, threaten death if you try to have your own thoughts about it and what you end up with is a mind controlling cult.

Now, just a little more for you to put the whole picture together. Did you know about this little self made bible fact? Keep going Danni, you are doing great. I'm loving this!

Dave

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Danni:

Where is your faith if you are afriad of your own children?
    See, many Witnesses are not afraid of their own children (or family members). The war is against Satan, if a Witness believes that Satan has gotten control, then they will stay away.

Show me where they cannot visit their own dying parents.
    I am not saying Randy's mom cannot talk to him. She could, the Watchtower does not forbid her to talk to her own son. This is a decision she made by herself. The Watchtower only says to be careful spiritually because of the venom that comes from the enemies of Jehovah. Your idea is good. She could set the rules in her own home and tell her son that as long as he doesn't speak to her about spiritual matters, then that would be o.k. That is each individuals decition.

As regards to spiritual conversation with an opposer, the Bible says i 2 John 8-11:

*** Rbi8 2 John 8-11 ***
    8 Look out for yourselves, that YOU do not lose the things we have worked to produce, but that YOU may obtain a full reward. 9 Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.

Danni, don't get me wrong. I feel bad for Randys situation with his mom. But we should not judge her because we don't know her side of the story, only his.

If you wish you can email me (email on my profile) with any questions or any other comments.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him.

Yoyo, what "teaching" is that?

Do tell.

• Danni
    Danni

There's no need to ask you in the email because six just asked the question I was going to ask. But let me add: How do you know it's the teaching you have that the bible was talking about? yo yo

• seven006
    seven006

YoYo,

Try reading the other posts in this thread along wiht your own. My name is Dave,not Randy! I don't know where you came up with that one. You are priceless man.

Her side of the story? it is simple. She is a JW and believes what she is told. My step sister who has five kids from five different men and has spent a few years as a hooker is just fine in my parents eyes because she was never baptizes and ran away from home when she was 13. Since she was never baptized and not disfellowshipped she can come and go with my family as she pleases.

For me, I have three great sons who my parents do not know. I have never done a criminal thing in my life and I have helped more people than I can count. I am a great father and a damn good person. The only thing as far as you consider "my moms side" is I do not believe the teachings of the JW's. I do not bring the JW issues up the few times I have seen my Mom but she knows where I stand.

My step sister with her five illegitimate kids and her brief background as a hooker does not threaten their belief system so she's OK. I was asked to come back to Bethel (JW headquarters) to help out the publication department as a professional consultant and because I learned of the hypocrisy first hand while I was there I left the religion. That is my crime, that is what has resulted in my sentience of banishment from the love of my own mother. Your religion has kidnapped her mind and controlled her life and her concept of love.

YoYo, you don't have a clue who I am or what I have seen and done. I spent time in the little secret library the JW's have on the administration floor in Brooklyn. I walked for a week with good old Freddie himself. He was as senile as a mad hatter back in 84. Have you ever meant the man in person? I have, It was very enlightening. Have you ever had them ask for you to come back and help them in any professional manner? I have! Have you ever had the chance to be exposed to the "inside secrets" of the society? I have.

That's why I left the religion I was in for over 20 years. Until you have walked in my shoes or hugged my mom as I left and she said to me it may be the last time she will ever see me you can's say anything about me, my mom or the real truth about your own religion!

Take care,and keep trying.
    DAVE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit