Which book ,studied at the Book Study, you Hated or loved more????

by deep-blue-sea 45 Replies latest jw friends

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

During my life as JW I have studied many, many books of the WT at the weekly Book Study.

Here you will find some of the books considered during the years with their publishing date:

1955 New heavens, new hearth

1961 From lost Paradise to....

1962 Let your will be done on earth

1964 Babylon the Great has fallen...

1965 Things in which it is impossible for God to lie

1967 Life everlasting in the freedom of God...

1971 The finished mystery of god

1973 Nations will know I am Jehovah

1974 Paradise restored for humankind by Theocracy

1978 Man’s salvation out of world distress at hand

1978 Letter of James

I have read and underlined all this books, but I do not remember anything of their contents! Absolutely zero!

But we also studied during the years the books about Jesus, The Great teacher, The blue book: The knowledge, later another Knowledge, Youth, Family book, then in more recent years ‘Revelation’ (awful) which we studiend 4 times, followed by another nightmare: Twin books of Isaiah.

All those books didn’t help me to build a true faith in God but in his organization and HIS teachings. The most practical were those for youngsters, for the family, on Jesu’s life. One I appreciated was on the Book of James, written by R, Franz I think, which was teaching love for God and for our brothers.

Hasn’t been all this publishing a waste of paper, work, time????

Some of them, completely unuseful, who cares of the quantity of details verse by verse, of Isaiah or Revelation, when we should at least know our recent history and the current one?????

Regards, Claudia

• Aeiouy
    Aeiouy

The Isaiah books were the bane of my existence. I hated those books. God they sucked. They were the most boring repetitive pieces of trash I have ever read in my life. I don't think words could possibly describe how much I hated those books. Israel does bad stuff, gets punished, Big J welcomes 'em back.... Lather, rinse, repeat.

Aeiouy

• Terry
    Terry

My all time favorite book was BABYLON THE GREAT HAS FALLEN! God's kingdom rules.

Why?

I studied that book when I was in Seagoville Correctional Institution during my imprisonment over the neutrality issue.

The brothers inside were led by a fellow named Tollie Padgett who was a genuine firebrand of a charismatic JW leader.

He taught us the Babylon book inside and out. I memorized all the "dates" from the back of the book.

Only years later did I realize that Fred Franz wrote that book by ripping off the writings of Martin Luther and shaping them into JW rhetoric.

I thought Franz was an uber-genius.

Turns out he was a foaming-at-the-mouth dangerous crackpot.

Every once and awhile the book turns up at the used bookstore where I work.

I always hold it in my hand and heft it like a valuable pistol from a bygone era.

That book represents to me a wasted time in my life where I stuffed utter nonsense into my head believing it was the God's Truth.

Shame on me.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The last time I remember going to a book study was sometime back in 1984-85. I have no idea what book we were "studying". I recognized a few of the books about but as far as the content...not a clue. It's a amazing how none of that crap had any staying power with me.

• megaflower
    megaflower

I hated the revelation book. The pictures were very disturbing . The whole book was poorly written and difficult to understand. They put so many twists and turns in it to make it fit with thier own"ideas".

• snowbird
    snowbird

1974 Paradise restored for to humankind by Theocracy!

Even though I was new to "the truth" back then, with a complete and utter hatred I hated that book!

Sylvia

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I hated the "Family Life Book!" ....That was so divisive...it used to lead to arguments on the journey home about why "You" were not doing what it said you should do..The comments in the paragraph were arbitrary and plainly out of order for a lot of people and everyone used the opportunity to bring in their own reminiscences and opinions.

Hate Hate Hated it ...everybody was so glad to leave that one behind

• cantleave
    cantleave

I hated the faily life an dfamily happiness books too. The newer books are totally dire "Draw close to Jehovah" and "keep yourself in Gods Love" are poorly written, patronising and have no interesting content at all.

I remember studying "Gods Kingdom of 1000 years has approached" as a kid and hated every minute of it.

• highdose
    highdose

I'm with aeiouy on this one, i hated the Isaiah books! every chapter was exactly the same as the privous! And i used to look and the scriptures cited in bold ( very small amount of writing) next to the huge paragraphs that explained what it all meant. I used to think " how can you read soooo much into sooo little?"

I also started to notice the GB worship in the Isaiah books too, every chapter, practiculay every paragraph went on and on about 1919, gods chosen ones etc etc...

............. These days i read Jackie collins.... much better!;) hehehe

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived caused me to question a lot of the JW teachings and policy..so for me I always liked it. For once they almost focused solely on Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit