Which book ,studied at the Book Study, you Hated or loved more????

by deep-blue-sea 45 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh yeah, the Greatest Man book! I liked that one.

The Daniel book was OK first time around (before I knew the dates were wrong), but I still lost interest near the end when everything was applied to political alliances and BS history in the 19th and 20th centuries.

• freddo
    freddo

Loved - Greatest Man

Hated - Orgasmic Revelation's Grand Climax! Came three times IIRC.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Hmm - I quite liked the mankinds search for god book, until it gets preachy at the end. Learing about other religions, even with a 'they're all wrong' slant was interesting.

Sapphy, I agree it is a great book, and I anticipated very much studying it in the BS. That's why I'm pretty sure we never did. I was dissaponted.

The worst: Hands down, the Isaiah books. How many time scan you repeat the same? Second: Revelation. I hated how it forcefuly applied every prophecy to WT dates.

The best: Greatest man... Not a lot of doctrine, but true christian teachings.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    The Isaiah books were the bane of my existence. I hated those books. God they sucked. They were the most boring repetitive pieces of trash I have ever read in my life. I don't think words could possibly describe how much I hated those books. Israel does bad stuff, gets punished, Big J welcomes 'em back.... Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Aeiouy
    That makes 3 of us. GOd that was an awful book. It had to be responsible for at least 1/3 of people leaving the 'troof' during the time it was studied.
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

The Isaiah book just killed me. It was so repetative and boring. I stopped attending before we finished the publication.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'd have to say the Babylon book which we had to study more than once.

It is interesting that a few said they don't remember anything from the books. That doesn't surprise me. Few JWs read or "study" to actually learn. They study to find the answers so they will have something to say at the book study. That isn't studying. Not in the sense of really learning something. So it isn't any wonder that JWs are forced to restudy books. They hope that by sheer repetition JWs might actually recall some of the crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit