JWs having Facebook Sex - Strongly warned to get off FB at CA yesterday

by shopaholic 138 Replies latest jw friends

• jacquicortez
    jacquicortez

i'm with you cry...FB is mostly family members sharing pictures and work mates sharing their daily activities...it's all quite G rated most times

a bit boring. it's just a way to keep in touch with distant family and friends and to know that they are o.k...check out the lastest pictures

of nieces and nephews. the most intimate i've ever seen was a person sending a heart...oooh aint that sexy. bunch of goofies. i had a few

jw facebook friends that would go on and on about field service and etc...i bet no one knew what they were talking about anyway.

• dissed
    dissed

Facebook sex?? Okay, I'm listening.

China and Iran are less restrictive about the internet than the GB of the WTS.

What's next WTS approved internet filters?

• Farkel
    Farkel

I wonder how many dubs heard that speech and didn't even know such a thing was possible until that speech. Well, NOW they do!

"Geeee! You can have sex on Facebook? Wow! I gotta go home and sign up for that!"

Congratulations, Watchtower! You're responsible for adding another 10,000 New Facebook accounts this weekend!

Farkel

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Does that mean I have to delete Friendster as well?

And if the bible is all you need to know about the world then why are JW's allowed to watch TV and go to the movies?

Are they becoming the Exclusive Brethren?

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Wow! All I gotta say is, if you're a JW, might as well go home, sit in your bedroom, read the magazines, study your bible, don't answer the phone, don't text anyone on your phone, don't look at the computer, don't look at the internet, don't look at your neighbor (pervs), don't think about buying anything, don't think about going to the movies, don't have a Facebook account, don't have a myspace account, don't buy any electronics that will steal your time...

Don't....don't....don't....

Did I miss anything? Help me finish the list....

• shamus100
    shamus100

Okay, I'm confused here...

I'm on my facebook account, and I"m trying this out... that goes where now? And now what?

Jeez, this isn't very erotic.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

This is classic.

I, for one, am thrilled to see all of the dubs on FB. It shows that society is losing some control. People are obviously questioning some of their counsel, and if you look at their groups and pages, it's obvious that they're questioning a lot of things- I see a lot of politic pages, groups for books/movies that you know aren't acceptable (Twilight is a big one), etc...Besides the Watchtower group, there's usually no sign on their profiles that they are a JW (not that this is a huge surprise, how many of us actually owned up to the fact that we were unless we had to?). Some people I know don't have the group added, either- there's no sign that they're a JW at all.

Farkel is right- this is going to build up a lot of curiosity. The ones that weren't on FB are going to join just to check it out, and they're going to do a search and realize all of their friends are already there. I'm sure that some are going to start wondering why they're not allowed to chat and share photos with their friends...hopefully they'll start wondering why they're not allowed to do other things, too.

Then we'll welcome them here

I've read before that 2/3 of born-ins leave...I think FB will put a big dent in how many stay.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

with all this internet demonizing.... how do they justify their "jw.org" usage of the internet?

by publishing mucho content on thir site they are using the internet and welcoming their visitors?

what's good for the goose is not good for the gander?

after reading this thread, I just had to relate it word for word to my wife and you should have seen her expression!

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

Thanks for sharing this info. I know a few self-righteous pricks who use FB. I can't wait to burst their bubble.

You also reminded me that I have some forget-me-nots I need to harvest in Farmville. I totally forgot about them. Thanks!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This is such a ridiculous claim. Who has sex or meets people for sex on Facebook? Really? REALLY?

But you know there a bunch of head nodders who are cursing the day computers became mainstream.... 20 years ago.

I hope young people rolled their eyes at this. I hope so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit