My Republican Friends

by JimmyPage 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

I am so tired of people talking about the "public option" like it was something good that I could scream. It is a huge hoax. Why cannot people understand that? Each State has the "option" to "opt out" of the Government Takeover(tm), but they still have to pay their allocated share for the Federal program, whether they "opt out" or not. That means the citizens of the State will end up paying for it either way.

Given that kind of Federal blackmail, no State in the Union would opt out and end up paying for a "service" they would not be allowed to use.

Farkel

• Gregor
    Gregor

It's gobbledygook, it means nothing, and frankly we've heard it a hundred times.

I hear your opinion butI don't agree and I am in the company of a long list of Liberals/Progressives who feel the same way. We may have arrived here from opposite directions but the consensus is that Obama might qualify as one of the most inept, double talking Presidents of all time.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    did you seriously compare Jefferson to Limbaugh?

Yes. Limbaugh is the Jefferson of the right. Go figure.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Gregor,

I disagree, I am amazed you can even say that with a straight face after the previous administration. But that was not my point. My point was why make that sentiment the largest part of every comment you make on damn near every subject? You think we have forgotten your opinion on Obama from one thread to the next and need to be reminded lest we get the false impression that you are a fan??? It ruins any possibility of civil discussion regarding actual issues. It means nothing to repeat it endlessly.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I am so tired of people talking about the "public option" like it was something good that I could scream. It is a huge hoax. Why cannot people understand that? Each State has the "option" to "opt out" of the Government Takeover(tm), but they still have to pay their allocated share for the Federal program, whether they "opt out" or not. That means the citizens of the State will end up paying for it either way.
    Given that kind of Federal blackmail, no State in the Union would opt out and end up paying for a "service" they would not be allowed to use.
    Farkel

The public option was a good thing. You had better do some reading. You obviously are not aware of what the public option was.

A public health insurance option (public insurance option or public option for short) is a proposed health insurance plan that would be offered by the U.S. federal government. In Affordable Health Care for America Act (H.R. 3962), and its predecessor H.R. 3200, it will be a Qualified Health Benefit Plan competing with similar private insurance plans in an internet based exchange or market place, enabling citizens and small businesses to purchase health insurance meeting the minimum federal standard. Persons covered by other employer plans or by state insurance plans such as Medicare will not be eligible to obtain coverage from the exchange and therefore cannot obtain this form of federal health insurance. The federal government's health insurance plan will be financed entirely by premiums without subsidy from the Federal government. [ 1 ] The plans stated in the Senate HLP Committee and H.R. 3962, the two that contain clauses establishing a public insurance option, require the repayment of "seed money" to the Treasury over a ten year period. [ 2 ]

• Gregor
    Gregor

My point was why make that sentiment the largest part of every comment you make on damn near every subject

Gosh, I guess it is because I feel strongly about it. Is it OK to express that here? Why does it bother you so much? What's wrong with honest criticism of the POTUS' decisions and policies during the past year? Surely you are aware that many of his former supporters are now openly expressing their own dissapointment. Is this really a pragmatic discussion or an emotional attachment to a concept for you? It's hard to get over your first crush.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ohhh yea, he was a cutie! Right there at the kingdom hall. The only thing that made the meetings bearable. Especially when he carried the mic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit