Where is God when the Haitians needed him?

by AK - Jeff 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well, as long as believers are ok with believing - that's ok. Their have always been believers - the problem arises if any of them actually expect anything of the one they believe in.

I have equal faith that the FSM will use his noodley appendages to aid the Haitians as will the Judeo-Christian God. Precisely none.

I could have faith if God had actually ever done anything for mankind [other than the insistent 'he sent his son' argument]. Perhaps he could send the same snake to speak with the naked Haitians as appeared in the GoE. Or a big fish to swallow a prophet to land on the island with a message of 'doom if you don't repent'? Or a little fellow with a smooth rock to kill the giant problems plaguing these poor people? Pick your fantasy!

Jeff

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

bts:

That's too bad. If you look at what many of the Haitians themselves are doing in the middle of this disaster, it is the complete opposite of what you express. Often times, God appears in the middle of the storm, and faith and hope are what carry a people through hard times. A people without faith are a people without hope. I have faith that eventually a prosperous Haiti will emerge from the rubble, and I pray. Anything is possible with faith.

...o-k...well, that's special. Let's talk about some of this...:

Often times, God appears in the middle of the storm, and faith and hope are what carry a people through hard times.

Really...? Like in the middle of Hurricanes like Betsy & Katrina, that both devasted New Orleans? Or like the middle (i.e. the super low pressure vacuum, 'heart' or natural engines) of the hundreds of tornadoes that routinely & randomly vaccum our earth of people, animals, houses, grass, trees, etc. ?

Please...enlighten your badly needed audience -- name a 'storm' or disaster god has "appear(ed) in" one! Just one!

And...there is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE than "...faith and hope..." needed to carry people thru hard times. It takes DOING something. Geez...I thought you knew that.

Anything is possible with faith.

Really...? Anything ? Recently I had a big ole' chunk of cancer in me. I'll give you 3 guesses 'what' I had faith in to get the cancer out. I'll help you: it was not any kind of preacher, nor my dentist.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I can appreciate how people have a hard time believing in God or any deity, in times like these.

Very understandable.

Especially if we take the God of the bible as literal.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

If you're really serious about a Biblical answer to your dilema, take the time to search www.watchtower.org for the answer.

Sounds like you're hurting spiritually. I hope you'll be satisfied with the answer provided in their website. Certainly a good answer won't be found in this forum.

Be well.

DY

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Really...? Anything ? Recently I had a big ole' chunk of cancer in me. I'll give you 3 guesses 'what' I had faith in to get the cancer out. I'll help you: it was not any kind of preacher, nor my dentist.

When I had cancer, my physicians and therapists told me that my recovery was the fastest they had ever seen, and that my mental state was strong and healthy. They knew about my faith in God, I was a pioneer Witness at the time, and they mentioned it as a reason.

I haven't said anywhere that concrete action is unnecessary, but that faith can carry is through where actions aren't going to be enough.

But you are welcome to continue to jeer.

BTS

• Gregor
    Gregor

I respect that you believe, BTS. And I appreciate that you have had a personal experience that reinforced your belief.

I feel sure of my non-belief, so we have a disagreement. Please don't take my arguments as jeering. Especially since we both seem to agree quite closely in our political views.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

BTS

I'm just trying to understand your very own comments -- by asking you to explain yourself. After all, more than just about anyone on this board -- you seem to take a lot of delight in being very critical of others. And...at the same time...tout and brag about your Christian beliefs. That makes me very curious about you.

So-o...back at the ranch:

Really...? Like in the middle of Hurricanes like Betsy & Katrina, that both devasted New Orleans? Or like the middle (i.e. the super low pressure vacuum, 'heart' or natural engines) of the hundreds of tornadoes that routinely & randomly vaccum our earth of people, animals, houses, grass, trees, etc. ?

Please...enlighten your badly needed audience -- name a 'storm' or disaster god has "appear(ed) in". One! Just one!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Answer: God is either

a) not real

b) an asshole

c) incapable of helping

thank goodness for the wonderfully kind people who are actually doing something to help these poor people.

Never under estimate the power of love and the human spirit.

Chew on that Jehovah-Zeus-Vishnu-Allah-Jesus-Baal-Satan-etc etc

The Oracle

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Come on BTS -- is it possible someone so critically verbose has no good answers?

Why did you even bother to post here?

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Where have the "nations" been for the last 200 years?

Blame God?

How about blaming men?

Judge Dread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit