Where is God when the Haitians needed him?

by AK - Jeff 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RR
    RR

Haven't you heard, Haitians made a pact with the devil, they don't worship the God of the Bible!

• beksbks
    beksbks

So god is a petulant child? An egomaniac?

• beksbks
    beksbks

He's busy helping Kurt Warner. Oooops, no maybe not.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I am a simple person.

And I ask myself a question.

If I was the all powerful creator, would I allow all this suffering? Would I allow it so that my divine plan for the ages could come to fruition? So that my name could be sanctified? And would I want everyone who dies at my hand to know that The ORACLE is the one doing the killing. Would I be so concerned about being WORSHIPPED?

My answer is a simple no.

I can honestly answer that I would not seek worship. I would not seek glory.

Why does the God of the bible seek worship and glory? Is he pettier than I? That doesn't make sense to me. I always thought that a GOD would have superior morals.

Could it be that GOD is a creation of imperfect mankind and that he is reflecting their imperfect qualities - like the desire to be worhipped?

Just asking.

The Oracle

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oracle, you are a smartie!

• Robdar
    Robdar

If a person truly doesn't believe in God, why would they question God or his motives? It doesn't make sense to me.

• beksbks
    beksbks

When you've had it pounded into you from birth, there is a process.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Robdar,

How can you be so sure God doesn't exist?

Unless you can prove to me, beyond a shadow of any doubt that God doesn't exist - then I think the question is valid.

The Oracle

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi Oracle, I'm Jewish. What have I said to cause you to believe I think God doesn't exist? Although I lean towards existentialism, it isn't incompatible with believing in God. BTW, my above post was not directed towards you, I was just babbling aloud.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    If a person truly doesn't believe in God, why would they question God or his motives? It doesn't make sense to me.

What do you make of the phrase "for the sake of argument?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit