Where is God when the Haitians needed him?

by AK - Jeff 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hi Robdar,

Cool! I have found that I love every Jewish person I have met!

I thought your post was a follow-up to mine, hence my response.

Existentialism .... hmmmm. I find that interesting.

The Oracle

• John Doe
    John Doe

Rob ain't a Jew, she just likes to play naughty.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Rob ain't a Jew, she just likes to play naughty.

JD wishes I wasn't a Jew but I've got the paperwork to prove it. JD's proof of his religion is in his pants.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Oracle: I thought your post was a follow-up to mine, hence my response.

S'alright. I thought that I might have confused you and wanted to clear it up. BTW, I never took from your response that you didn't believe in God. I liked your questions. They are questions we should all ask.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I've got the paperwork to prove it.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not a Jew.

• Gregor
    Gregor

All I know is I have reached burnout on watching the coverage. I have done this before. The Tsunami a few years ago and other disasters. I don't feel anger for a god not doing anything to prevent these things or offering any miraculous aid. I don't believe there is a God. My frustration is how many people talk about offering their prayers, the Lord works in mysterious ways, etc. or come up with the old chestnut, as above, that God is helping through people who help. Horseshite.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

"He's at home! Washing his tights!" Seriously he doesn't give a rat's $#!+ stain about us. Not only this event but think of all the people who have died collectively over thousands of years. From the casualties of natural disasters, not so natural deaths like wars, and yes, even the 60 something year old grandmom who dies in her sleep, all of this, every part is supposedly under this "new system warranty" where NOONE HAS TO DIE EVER. All it would take is for god to do what he's supposedly going to do anyways. So what is he waiting for? Since he is without time, doing it now as opposed to whenever in the future it's no difference between the two. The only difference being that you and I may have died before then, so really, what is he waiting for?

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/phoenix-wright-sing-numb-encore/ggOTGpgug3pzDpOLpCyghQ

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I know the question is unanswerable. Or perhaps it is already answered by observation? I find it interesting that believers find God in the disaster, while sceptics find proof there is no God. In the 60's, the New York Times declared God to be dead.

One way or the other, be you a pew sitter or otherwise, don't expect divine protection. Like the children abandoned, our Loving God is not too damned interested in the house burning down. I do find it curious that anyone could honestly compare it to a loving parent allowing a child to play football! Wow. There's a hell of a difference between allowing your kids to just run amok, silently watching them die by the millions, and watching them get hurt in supervised situations. To what lengths we go to defend the indefensible.

Jeff

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

I think people are scared to put him on trial so to speak. People have been conditioned to believe he's acting when good things happen to them. So they say stupid ish like "Oh I was a (insert seedy underbelly thing here), and I don't do that anymore so god pulled me through yes he did, yes he did" and why? Because a bullet missed you? Bad aim. You got out of that wreck? Seat belts, air bags, speed, trajectory, inertia. I mean really. This is the dude who clearly acted by parting Red Seas and leaking water from rocks and keeping Shad, Rad and Abed from looking all Freddy Krugerish and now, NOW he's reduced to saving some via bordering on the advancement of technology while letting quakes, tsunamis and Bermuda Triangle zap the others? .......And then the radio announcer continues his statement that the white mouse WILL NOT EXPLODE while Tom stands up from the rubble that was once his house and says "Don'ttttttttt youuuuuu believe it"

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

XJW4EVR,

this is why you Christains make me sick. You are equating the pointless death and suffering of 100s of thousands of people with little johnny skinning his knee during football practice.

Your argument is sickening. God allows suffering so that we can see the full exercise of god given compassion in the response of others to alleviate that suffering? What is your god? Psychotic? A sadist?

Okay, so say that god for some reason could not intervene to stop the earthquake before it started or soon after it started. If god is all powerful I don't see why not, but for the sake of argument, say there is some reason. So, he couldn't warn the victims of the impending disaster? Even "wicked" non-believing humans would do that, we do give such warnings, we spend a great deal of money and effort to try to predict such disasters and give warnings. But your all powerful god cannot be comassionate enough to give such a warning? If the god of the Bible does exist he is descpicable as are his defenders and excusers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit