Where is God when the Haitians needed him?

by AK - Jeff 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Perhaps a hundred-thousand dead. Millions affected.

How many prayed in vain to stop the quaking, keep a loved one from dying, or for saftey? All disregarded, all ignored.

He either doesn't care, is dead, or never was. No other choices seem viable.

Jeff

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

He's busy blessing Norwegians. Lucky bastards.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

He blessed Tiger with a Norwegian, and see what he did with that didn't ya'?

Jeff

• poppers
    poppers

Ask Pat Robertson - he and God are mates.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Cruel.

I still maintain that there is no powerful god, that we are on our own in many respects.

If a higher power exists, which I do think exists, she doesn't want worship and certainly doesn't have the power to stop bad things from happening.

Planet Earth, for better or for worse, we are on our own.

If a parent left a house full of kids alone, abandoned them, left some handwritten notes for instructions, didn't bother explaining what they meant, and then still insisted that they were the bestest, wisest parent ever, we would arrest them.

There are other things that speak to me that life isn't necesarrily an accident, but that is not the threshold I need to ever worship god again.

May Haiti have peace in their time of need.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Where is God when the Haitians needed him?

I can attempt explanations, but ultimately, I don't know why God let this happen.

For he is not a man, as I am, that I might answer him, that we should come to trial together.

All I can say:

Naked we came out of our mother’s womb, and naked shall we return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord

BTS

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

God is there in the form of people rendering aid and assistance to these people. In Luke 13:1-5 Jesus speaks to these sorts of tragedies.

• moshe
    moshe

Look everyone, 100,000 died from a December 2004 tsunami in Se -Asia, these numbers of human deaths from a disaster are not uncommon. God cannot intervene, because the laws of the universe don't allow God to do so. I don't even think God can be what is commonly called a, "personal God", meaning that God can't hear individual prayers and effect a favorable reply to prayers of supplication. I base all of this on something called, Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Who cares what Gods doing, what worries me more is what people are doing to save lives and get aid to were its needed.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Snowbird's Certainty Principle: He is there - in the form of all of us who rendered aid.

Amen.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit