Where is God when the Haitians needed him?

by AK - Jeff 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carpediem
    carpediem

Dead, not there or doesn't care. That about sums it up for me too.

• Simon
    Simon

It is truly amazing ... seeing all those poor people convinced to pray and worship even more earnestly and with their faith strengthened.

Why? If there was a god then he either caused it or let it happen!

It seems he has things pretty well - has to take no responsibility for anything bad and yet for anything good all the credit will go to him.

People will thank god for the relief workers and food when in fact it is PEOPLE who make the difference.

Lets face it god, we've outgrown you and frankly you are just an impotent figment of everyones imagination.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yes, Simon, sadly I believe you are spot on.

Jeff

• Simon
    Simon
    God is there in the form of people rendering aid and assistance to these people.

Hardly proof ... that just proves that people are willing to help and really that would happen whether god exists or doesn't so to claim it as proof that he does shows that he probably doesn't or else you would have better evidence to point people towards.

Faith without Works is dead. He should have added that Works without Faith is still useful and just as valuable. Therefore, Faith is valueless and useless.

God doesn't exist. It's up to the people with the useless faith to try and prove that he does ... ultimately, I won't be listening though because I know they always come out with crap for the arguments - like all the good people rendering aid are really 'god doing his work'.

Blargh ... it makes me sick.

• moshe
    moshe

Michelle Obama is appealing for donations to the Red Cross for Haiti. Nobody is asking if they are willing to pay for their relief for the next 10 years. Haiti is a lost country and anarchy will swallow them up now.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My wife and I were talking about this today. Haiti needs to develop a tourist industry like the Bahamas or Jamaica. Unfortunately, Baby Doc Duvalier (sp) ran that country into the ground, and they have never recovered.

Their only hope is tourism. There is no industry (esp now) and they need to change the worlds image so that Western currency can flow again.

• Gregor
    Gregor

The challenges Haiti faces are overwhelming. This was true before the quake. Now, aid must be given and is being given. But at some point, just as in Somalia and other situations where large populations of poor people are in desparation, the thugs and corrupt officials will divert the aid more and more until they are right back where they have been. Too bad the UN is such a corrupt failure in their mission. The UN concept could be very effective if it worked.

I have no patience in discussing how God and prayers are going to have an effect, This disaster has exposed the foolishness of the Santa Claus, Toothfairy, Jesus, class. The tangible resources of the US, Canada, UK, etc. are coming to bear as quickly as possible. We're not perfect but the US people are very generous and thank goodness we have the resources to help.

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

Multiply the Haiti earthquake by a factor of 100000, then you get the JW Armageddon (approx 6700000000 deaths according to the current WT doctrine). Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but for the GB people are just numbers...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It is truly amazing ... seeing all those poor people convinced to pray and worship even more earnestly and with their faith strengthened.
    Why? If there was a god then he either caused it or let it happen!

"Curse God and die" is what Job's wife told him in the face of his undeserved suffering.

I have no patience in discussing how God and prayers are going to have an effect

That's too bad. If you look at what many of the Haitians themselves are doing in the middle of this disaster, it is the complete opposite of what you express. Often times, God appears in the middle of the storm, and faith and hope are what carry a people through hard times. A people without faith are a people without hope. I have faith that eventually a prosperous Haiti will emerge from the rubble, and I pray. Anything is possible with faith.

We firmly believe that God is master of the world and of its history. But the ways of his providence are often unknown to us. Only at the end, when our partial knowledge ceases, when we see God "face to face", will we fully know the ways by which - even through the dramas of evil and sin - God has guided his creation to that definitive sabbath rest for which he created heaven and earth.

The fact that God permits physical and even moral evil is a mystery that God illuminates by his Son Jesus Christ who died and rose to vanquish evil. Faith gives us the certainty that God would not permit an evil if he did not cause a good to come from that very evil, by ways that we shall fully know only in eternal life.

BTS

• Simon
    Simon
    We firmly believe that God is master of the world and of its history. But the ways of his providence are often unknown to us. Only at the end, when our partial knowledge ceases, when we see God "face to face", will we fully know the ways by which - even through the dramas of evil and sin - God has guided his creation to that definitive sabbath rest for which he created heaven and earth.

OK - BTS = right wing closed minded religious type ... it explains so much.

The fact that God permits physical and even moral evil is a mystery that God illuminates by his Son Jesus Christ who died and rose to vanquish evil. Faith gives us the certainty that God would not permit an evil if he did not cause a good to come from that very evil, by ways that we shall fully know only in eternal life.

The Jesus in your make-believe story book supposedly died over 2,000 years ago and I'm sorry but god has 'illuminated' jack shit since then.

He's not too bright or good at communicating is he?

Your reasoning is like saying to people being tortured "I could stop this but you'll just have to trust me (Oh, and BTW - I'm totally awesome, you should WORSHIP ME NOW !!!)".

God is the ultimate terrorist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit