Mill Hill Disfellowshippings

by BorgHater 310 Replies latest jw friends

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Paulapollos - Do you know if the bethelites have been forbidden to talk about what happened? It would explain a lot.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome Paulapollos!

You didn't happen to mention to them that the JW procedure of "disfellowshipping" and "judicial committees" was also unscriptural, eh?

Of course, WT would never give up that mind-control tool... ever.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Paulapollos, tough breaks man. I feel for you.

I do have a question: Are you or any of the four married? If so, how have your wives handled the situation?

• aniron
    aniron

This is now a matter of law in the UK and includes all volunteers

The church I attend anyone who helps in the Sunday school with children, and children means anyone under 16.
    Has to be be checked out by the authorities and cleared.

The volunteers every three years , but the Pastor and the assistant Pastors every year.

It would be interesting to see how this is applied to Elders, Min Servants etc.

• cofty
    cofty

I am certain that all elders and some m/s depending on their duties ought to have an enhanced disclosure under new legislation.

Perhaps somebody needs to mention this to the new Independent Safeguarding Agency? The legislation also applies to working with vulnerable adults.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

(posted previously on the wrong thread)

Welcome Paulapollos,

I read your posts and find them very interesting. As a long time bethelite, you obviously have an excellent insider knowledge of the organisation. Judging from the acute awareness you've reached about power process within this org, I suppose that you haven't gotten it overnight and it matured as you were still at Mill Hill, which must not have been an easy thing for you to live with. You must indeed have experienced a terrible inner stress due to cognitive dissonance.

As for your prediction that the GB will soon claim to be the FDS, I can tell you that I heard this assimilation from the platform at the last district assembly I attended 18 months ago in Paris, plainly laid out by a french heavy bethel member you may know, bro. COUSY. I pointed out this afterward with various JWs, nobody seemed to bother. Tells a lot about how mentally dull JWs have become, as regards their own theology.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Paulapollos,

I have just done my usual nightly scan of active topics that catch my eye and have to say I am astonished at what has happened in London. I went to Mill Hill Bethel a couple of times as had been invited there by the couple who studied with myself and my sister.

You might not think it, but you were very courageous to stand up for what you believed. I wish I had that same courage. I guess fear of being disfellowshipped and then shunned is the main factor why thousands of people like myself are trapped in an organisation that exerts so much control in our lives, which I am sure you will be aware of.

Strangely enough tonight I spoke to my wife about the context of 1 cor 11:18-34 (I daily study the bible and hardly read the WTbts publications anymore). I explained in great detail to my wife the context of this portion of scripture which I am sure you are very well aware off. This portion of scripture explains itself; yet the society have twisted it to teach that only the holy ones are to partake of the emblems (because Jesus is only mediator to the 144000 of course)

For years I have believed that Christ is mediator to all who choose to follow him as clearly mentioned in scripture; and am increasingly finding it more and more offensive the societies teaching that Jesus is mediator to the 144000 only.

Funnily enough, as I was speaking to her, I was very expressive and almost showing zeal for what I was trying to explain. The society have got this very wrong and am sure that they are struggling with this teaching, particularly in light of their latest change (yet again) in their teaching of 'this generation' which will be brought out in the April WT this year (if the source is correct).

I wish I had the same courage as you and the others involved. I wish you all the best in your new path in life, and pray that the the Holy Spirit continue to guide you into real Godly truth.

Take care

TE

• esverdad
    esverdad

Can you give us an example of what you saw in the original context that changed your mind?

• besty
    besty

can you get the other disfellowshipees to get on here pronto please.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hi paulappollos

I too have visited london bethel several times. My son and daughter-in-law were there too for many years. I remember my husband and son having conversations about some of the happenings at bethel (my son and daughterinlaw had already left bethel). They would go silent when I entered the room. Months later I heard about the disfellowshippings. A good friend who'd served at bethel for several years got disfellowshipped too -but he'd already left bethel.

To me all of this represents hope for my family. Congratulations on standing up for your beliefs and forging a pathway for those coming after

ql

edit: bethelites seem extra vigilant nowadays. One or two seem to be quite sad...sprirtual food is dire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit