chickpea

i remember the "bros" working very hard
    to get my h to pony up when they had to
    extensively renovate the current hall due
    to mold and ventilation issues.... he never
    did offer any figure...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Just remember that they claim "No collection plate is passed" because IT ISN'T BIG ENOUGH:

• teel
    teel

We had flyers saying "No collection plates" too. I remember in my junior JW career I was wondering what's up with that, JWs have the same boxes that any other churches had - until I saw in a movie what is actually a "collection plate" it's not a practice here, all churches have donation boxes like JWs. That "no collection plates" is like a desperate ad, they say anything that could be considered positive.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I recall slips were handed out to my congregation during the planning stages of a building project. I just put a big zero on the slip and turned that in.

W

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What country was the Berean?

Berea.

Farkel

• dissed
    dissed

Finally free

A big zero....Is like saying FU! lol

With this new proposal I would love to see people writing on the paper "F U"

Can we start an "F U" campaign here? The secretary would be shocked to open up messages like that.

• logic
    logic

They can call it what ever they want, it's just another way of passing the plate. The society does

everthing differently but it still amounts to shearing the sheep.

• dissed
    dissed

".....but it still amounts to shearing the sheep."

Did you mean 'fleecing the flock'?

• wobble
    wobble

Jehovah owns the Universe, He is the richest guy in the space -time continuum, how much is He going to contribute,before anyone else has to ?

Love

Wobble

• cantleave
    cantleave

I typed my question with frezzing hands after peltin nugget with snow balls, it affetced ny already abysmal typing skills. The question should have been

What country was the meetin you heard this - Berean? We haven't had pledge forms in the UK yet. But the meeting was cancelled yesterday so it may have been planned for then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit