Let the "Tithing" begin!

by The Berean 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Violia
    Violia

I've seen that done several times . I'm in the usa.

• lancelink
    lancelink

in the picture from onthewayout,

why is there tape on the box, looks like something was covered over ?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Does anyone have the quote from Chuck Russell saying that (rough quote) "When he have to beg for money, we'll stop publication."?

om

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Ya know if they were really spirit directed, there would be no reason to make financial announcements at the assemblies. It would always work out. They always announce the cost and the "shortfall." Along with that I was in a cong in a really well to do area. They were always short. People were so cheap

• Open mind
    Open mind

OK, the next time that the Service Meeting has a money begging part would be a good time to put this little quote under the windshield wiper of each car in the parking lot:

*** jv chap. 21 p. 340 How Is It All Financed? ***
    As early as the second issue of the Watch Tower, in August 1879, Brother Russell stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” Consistent with that, there is no begging for money in the literature of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

om

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Maybe on the blank paper quote Russell with the reference it's better than writing a big fat O

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

in the picture from onthewayout,

why is there tape on the box, looks like something was covered over ?

I don't have the answer to your question, but I can speculate. It's probably a box from the conventions and it said CONVENTION or CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE WORLDWIDE WORK. But now it's probably at a local assembly being used to fleece the flock for local people to decide where it should go.

That, or they will remove the tape later to reveal CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE PEDOPHILE DEFENSE FUND.

• trustsinJah
    trustsinJah

OM that is brilliant!! I have seen that many times, but it seems the recession is an exception to that rule.

• spawn
    spawn

What a cheek, they are getting above themselves. The Mafia could learn a thing or two from this lot, mind you if you are stupid enough to give them money you deserve each other

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Did anyone see the article on www.watchtower.org (main page) on "Should I Own a Credit Card?"

The answer should be, "Yes, to make tithing at the assemblies even easier!"

LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit