To Ex-JWs: Do You Regret Learning it Was a Lie?

by leavingwt 116 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Never! I'll take the unvarnished truth of reality over a glossy fantasy every time. Now that makes me wonder; What do I currently believe to be true that may yet turn out to be a lie?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes, I regret the fact that my parents got involved with it, which got me involved with it.

Sure it was a disappointment for myself, that what you've been trained on since birth

was nothing but a convulsive set of lies wrapped around the commercialization of books and literature.

Quite frankly I'm relieved since I wouldn't want to see all the people I've grown to love and respect

like friends from school, relatives, neighbors etc., die by virtue of the said Armageddon.

The most prominent lie that started my exit was the WTS. bogus calculation of mans 6000 yr. existence on earth

ending up in 1975. After observing all of the psychological effects this was having onto people I personally knew,

I removed myself completely from it, that was way back in 1979.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think the answer is different for people completely free than it is for people mentally free but still in physically. Over the past several months I have considered the thought of not having learned what I've learned about the WT and considered it's appeal. But there are some doors that once opened it isn't right to close or to wish closed even if it would make life easier in the short term. BTW, for those who don't know, I'm just starting a slow fade but have been Awake! for a few months now.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

To be honest...

I don't know.

I'm still pretty new to the fade and it's extremely hard right now. Relationships are changing with our family members. Even though they understand we can't get past the molestation of our child their grandchild and the way we were treated they still want us to go back.

It's a whole lot to handle...

Hopefully, when this question comes up next year I'll be past the hurt and just be thankful my eyes were opened.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

No, I don't regret learning the truth. What I regret is foolishly believing anyone has truth.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Do any of you regret learning that WT is not God's Organization?

Not for a minute. I walked away from an abusive husband and the JWs but I still believed --- for another 10 years. When I got on the internet and started to do some research I was stunned to say the least. And for the longest time I couldn't figure out why. Learning about the $$$ was the final straw for me.

If it were possible to do so, would you reverse the clock, erase your enlightened, "apostate" memories and return to WT?

No way. I became suicidal as a JW. My mind and heart felt trapped. And for me living a lie is out of the question. I grew up with a compulsive lying family. I hated it. It made me sick at heart and could never live like that. I tried and it didn't work for me. So going back is without a doubt an absolute NO.

• dobbie
    dobbie

No i'm glad i found out, my only regret is joining it in the first place, but then i wouldn't have got married and had the 3 lovely children i've got so can't regret that side of it! I feel for those who, as someone mentioned, are out of it mentally but not physically. Just going to meetings and having constant doubts was hard enough for me, it was be so difficult for them.x

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

No, I left like others still thinking it was Gods org, but just couldn't stand the hypocrisy in my congregation. They had turned their backs on me and my family already so it wasn't hard to just stop going to meetings.

My sister and brother-in-law opened my eyes a few weeks before Christmas and although I had a few sleepless nights I knew they were right. It is like everything has fallen into place. I owe them big time they are the best.

After talking to my husband I discovered he had found things out too, but kept them from me. I was very upset I wish he had shared sooner, but now we are making a new start together with no regrets.

"The truth will set you free"

• dig692
    dig692

@ Mickey Mouse - I'm really glad that you have been successful in your fade so far. It gives me hope that I can make it through.

It does get easier.

I sure hope so!!!

• dissed
    dissed

little sister

Whenever I read comments like yours, it makes my day.

"Another person and family set free from the WTS"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit