To Ex-JWs: Do You Regret Learning it Was a Lie?

by leavingwt 116 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This question was inspired by a question on another thread. To the ex-JW Community here,

Do any of you regret learning that WT is not God's Organization? If it were possible to do so, would you reverse the clock, erase your enlightened, "apostate" memories and return to WT?

-LWT

• Opus92
    Opus92

Hell no on both counts.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Disclosure: Despite the overwhelming and often devastating exit process, discovering WT is a lie is one of the greatest things that ever happened to me.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I don't regret it; I knew something was amiss all along.

Confirmation is a powerful thing.

Sylvia

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I left believer while running for my life from an abusive jw husband. So, no I don't regret learning the truth about the "truth". It has set me free in so many ways.

• Altar ego
    Altar ego

eeerrrrr......................NO!

• sir82
    sir82

Just to be the devil's advocate: Wasn't it nice knowing, not merely hoping or believing, but knowing that you were right, that God looked with favor upon you, that you were one of a small group that comprised God's true people, and had a glorious future awaiting?

Full disclosure: I don't regret awakening either, but I think the question should at least cause more than a moment's consideration before dismissal.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Let's see --

1. Live a life of pointless servitude to a book publishing corporation.

2. Live a life of freedom to make one's own choices.

(You can't be serious.)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Wasn't it nice knowing, not merely hoping or believing, but knowing that you were right, that God looked with favor upon you, that you were one of a small group that comprised God's true people, and had a glorious future awaiting?

It was heady stuff - at first blush!

Then, reality had to rear its real head.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Did you take the blue pill or the red pill?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit