To Ex-JWs: Do You Regret Learning it Was a Lie?

by leavingwt 116 Replies latest jw friends

• dig692
    dig692

I will be honest. Most of the time I am happy that I now know the WTS is not God's organization. But some of the time I find myself wishing I just never found out and would have stayed a mindless robot.

Being technically "IN" and knowing the real truth has been both freeing (in the sense that I am free to think for myself and learn for myself) and at the same time it has made me feel trapped. Trapped in the sense that I don't know whether to completely leave the borg and risk losing half of my family and possibly causing a strain in my marriage, or just stay in to prevent all that but risk feeling like I'm leading a double life and losing who I really am. I enjoy the time I spend with the witness family I have, but it makes me sick to my stomach having to listen to all their stupid bs about how the world is bad and its a good thing we have the truth and field service this and meeting that.

I just feel lost at this point and don't know where to go from here. I guess what I really regret is not questioning the witnesses when they first came and talked to me so that I could have prevented this whole mess in the first place.

• littlebird
    littlebird

I'm happy Im out, wish I'd had figured it out sooner. NO, I won't go back, I can't imagine going door to door again.

• I quit!
    I quit!

No, find out that the Watchtower wasn't God's organization was relief and finding out the mad god they worship was fiction was also a relief.

• megaflower
    megaflower

To quote an old saying, "Better late than never".

• dissed
    dissed

LeavingWT.....

I left WT Inc 13 years ago still feeling it was 'THEE ORG.' Had some doubts, but never pursued those doubts with research. Just felt it wasn't for me and the family. Dealt with it by not thinking about it.

Now, since coming to this site in August, my eyes have been opened, WAY OPENED!!

Now feel, it is not or has ever been God's organization. Unfortunately, 26 years were not well spent pursueing the WTS dream

I used to miss some of my old friends and had good feelings for them, but not any more. Since they can't wait for me and my family to be destroyed at Armageddon with all the other WT labeled apostates, I don't really care for them either, except for them to leave it.

• zoiks
    zoiks

A very good question. As I am still in the exit process, things are very overwhelming right now. I think that it is very worth it. I am still young with a young family and hopefully have a long, long time to realize the benefits of choosing this course. Staying in would definitely be the path of least resistance for me. But it's not right.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Since the penny dropped, I have never had a moment's doubt that my conclusion that ,"It's just not true" was the correct one

I was around 50 years old , since my wife of many years is definitely still "in" we limp along as a couple divided by religion and I would not want to reach out and start over..So, my position is potentially worse than it was when I was a J W elder enjoying the respect of the congregation and being immersed in all the activities.

Would I rather go back to days when I believed that I was following God's only true religion, and that I was going to be rewarded with eternal life in paradise?

No ! ..Once you have had your eyes opened you cannot think of going back to the naivety and ignorance of belief that is ....well, wrong.

Would you rather still be a child that believes in Santa Clause? Or that a guardian angel is yours to protect you? - Of course not..It is better to know the reality of life with all its disappointments and trials..At least we are coping with life as it really is, not wishing and hoping for a pipe dream that will never be fulfilled..

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Initially, it was devastating but the more I learned about their lies, the more free I became. I have no regrets since learning the 'real' truth about them.

• Opus92
  • brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

what sense would wanting to be blind make? ????????

I like to see 20/20

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit