The Only Real "Take" You Can Have on the Date of Jerusalems Destruction

by AllTimeJeff 112 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OUTLAW
    Post 14433
    For your information and for the sake of accuracy 607 BCE is proved by the following:
    The Bible
    Secular souces both ancient and modern
    Bible scholarship both past and present
    WT Publications
    scholar JW

Scholar..

What is the point of starting a post to me,with ..

"For Your Information."

?

And..

Not Provide "any" Information..LOL!!..

Only You..

Hammer HeadCould Out-Stupid yourself!..Hammer Head

..................... ...OUTLAW

• scholar
    scholar

AllTimeJeff

Post 4281

I repeat myself as a way of emphasis but apostates do the very same thing that you accuse me namely the repetition of the same tired old arguments in support of a tired, uselless dates of 586/587, provide no substantive argument in support of their dates but simply an appeal to a false, unreliable chronology of the Neo-Babylonian period.

Scholar has for these past ten years on this forum provided much detailed proof for 607 BCE and the WT publications have consistently provided all the information necessary. So, the evidence is there for all to read so just open your eyes and mind and just read. Better still just Read the Bible.

scholar JW

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Scholar, you're as playful as a little kitten today aren't ya?

I repeat myself as a way of emphasis but apostates do the very same thing that you accuse me namely the repetition of the same tired old arguments in support of a tired, uselless dates of 586/587, provide no substantive argument in support of their dates but simply an appeal to a false, unreliable chronology of the Neo-Babylonian period.

I think you repeat yourself because thats the only thing JW's know how to do. Btw, apostates didn't invent any dates at all. Instead of rejecting what we learned at school, we actually went ahead and believed scholars and historians, you know, those pesky people who actually investigated these artifacts and cuniform tablets.

Interestingly, what you have never repeated are facts. Thats all. You do consistently repeat that everyone other then the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has it wrong. EVERYONE. To that, I commend you for your persistence, and will do my best to get you an autographed set of Stevie Wonder sunglasses.

Scholar has for these past ten years on this forum provided much detailed proof for 607 BCE and the WT publications have consistently provided all the information necessary.

No you haven't. The WT isn't reliable. Historians and scholars are. Thats why the world relies on them instead of the WT. It's really (I hesitate to say) just that simple.

Scholar, even as I take you at your word that you are a believing JW apologist, I sometimes wonder if you are a lurking, non believing JW who parrots the JW company line in an ironic attempt to show how stupid it is. If so, kudos! It works. If not, doesn't matter, it amounts to the same affect.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Scholar has for these past ten years on this forum provided much detailed proof for 607 BCE and the WT publications have consistently provided all the information necessary. So, the evidence is there for all
    to read so just open your eyes and mind and just read. Better still just Read the Bible.
    scholar JW

Actually Scholar..

You get your ass kicked..

Everytime you post your WBT$ 607 BCE BullSh*t..

You have`nt won a debate on this forum yet!..

Using only WBT$ Approved Information..

Gives you Zero Credibility..

Your a Failure..

Kicking Dirt

......................... ...OUTLAW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Religious charlatans hold exclusivity with their acquired knowledge for within that knowledge

contains their power, strength, identity and money.

In the face of this reality, false doctrines are therefore perceived to be good and valuable to some.

By the way I received this light through constant prayer, in case anyone was wondering

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

ATJeff,

Is it okay if I bring up pyramidology every time "scholar" appears? I hope it's not too annoying, but I think it's a valid subject which he continually avoids.

And I think "scholar JW's" avatar should be shaped like a pyramid with one eye, rather than a stop sign with 4 eyes. I think the duckbill is accurate, though. After all, if it has a mouth like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's obviously a pyramidologist.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

And the year used by the WTS. (607 BCE ) had absolutely nothing to do with Russell's idealogical assertions

formulated by Pyramidology theories to bring more significance to 1914.

Perhaps Scholar hasn't been schooled on that particular segment of Watchtower teachings.

Maybe he should inquire about getting a BS in Pyramidology so he can offer his enlightenment and understanding.

• scholar
    scholar

AllTimeJeff

Post 4286

Repetition is good as it part of the 'art of teaching'. So scholar is teaching you! You are correct, apostates don't invent any dates at all because all they do is copy others being gullible to boot. Some have even become scholars because of their past experience as Witnesses which has caused them to attain a level of scholarship but their attainment has exposed them to much ridicule and shame from serious scholars.

For your information scholar loves facts and only deals with facts a fact that you choose to ignore.

The WT is a reliable source but it is not infallible, humans such as historians and scholars are not reliable or infallible for they are not in possession of Holy Spirit unlike Christ's brothers. But more to the point it is not to men that we should turn for guidance but it is to God and His Word that are truly reliable.

Scholar is a believing, active JW apologist.

scholar JW

• garyneal
    garyneal

Scholar

Post 1851

For your information scholar loves facts and only deals with facts a fact that you choose to ignore.

Where are your facts? If you've been studying this for 40 years, surely you have some facts to share.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Ok Scholar. Have fun with your teaching. Thanks for the good work you do in exposing JW's to the idiodicy of WT dates and how they explain it. I still prefer school books, history books written by *gasp* college graduates, and other learned people.

Billy, please go ahead with the pyramidology. It is so ridiculous that I even doubted it when I first heard about it, till I read in the WT's of that era how Russell did indeed measure pyramids to back up 1914. No problem!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit