The Only Real "Take" You Can Have on the Date of Jerusalems Destruction

by AllTimeJeff 112 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I realize that the date is serious to an exiting JW, or someone who wants to exit.

For others who disagree, the temptation is "Whats the big deal? JW's aren't about 1914 anymore. It's not important" Thats true, it isn't important... But 1914 was THE big deal. It's what they hung their hat on.

And if they aren't about 1914 now, what are they all about? What makes them the truth if their dates and pillars of their claims of being the one true religion were wrong from the start?

So the date of 1914 and the associated year of Jerusalem's destruction IS a big deal. A very big deal.

But it isn't complicated. The GB knows their only hope in winning the debate is through attrition, that is, talk you to death and hope you leave frustrated.

It's really quite simple. All the history books, those pesky history books, had it right. They always have. 587/586 BCE is the date of Jerusalem's destruction, which makes all dates, EVERY date that JW's claim as prophetic 100% wrong.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Whats interesting about the hierarchy of the JWS they would really like every JWS or non - JWS to forget about 1914

and " The Generation " doctrine.

Being that convoluted bullshit isn't really suppose to come out of god's only solemn organization here on earth.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The fact is religious charlatans will indeed lie and make self serving speculations when it

comes to marketing their own products to the public. The WTS went even further than this

in a way to construct their own kingdom of sorts to empower themselves.

And you know what it actually worked.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

ATJ- No apologies necessary, as I said I enjoy your posts.

• garyneal
    garyneal

ATJ:

WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE DARE QUESTION LIFELONG HISTORIANS AND SCHOLARS WHO HAVE DEVOTED THEIR LIFE TO THE STUDY AND RESEARCH OF ARTIFCATS AND CULTURES AND WHO UNIVERSALLY AGREE ON CERTAIN DATES BASED ON INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE? THESE SCHOLARS HAVE NO VESTED INTEREST, NO AGENDAS AT ALL IN ANYTHING EXCEPT DISCOVERING WHAT FACTS AND DATES ARE AVAILABLE TO DISCOVER!!!

And this is exactly why I could not just accept hook line and sinker what the elder of my in-laws congregation was trying to put forth. I guess I think too much to be duped by the whole idea that secular historians and all of christendom would accept a date that allegedly 'contradicts the Bible' as much as they claim. There's got to be something more to it than that. I was especially dismayed when that elder present his case using only Watchtower literature such as the insite book and some printings he made from a WT CD. I mean really, does any Jehovah's Witness consider anything at all outside of the 'truth?'

thetrueone:

I highly recommend a DVD entitled " From Jesus to Christ : The first Christians "'

I watched that on PBS and remember finding it to be very interesting though I cannot say I remember much of the details about it now.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Jeff, I agree 100% with what you're saying.

Miseryloveselders, the fall of Jerusalem is cornerstone of wts. It's important to understand that they taught 606 at one time and that 1914 was not to be a beginning but the end of the system and that 1914 only became what it is today years after the event. It may not be an important date when it comes to Christianity but when it comes to wts it's BIG! Basically if 607 is wrong the imaginary return of Christ in 1914 is a lie (even though they changed it from 1874) and thus they never were chosen as Christ's channel, they never had any more backing by Holy Spirit than other religions and they were never chosen as faithful and discrete slave (even though this title was also changed over time). Without 607 date WTS is decieving people into thinking that they are in the time of the end and GB forces themselves to be seen as an ultimate source of knowledge while they know very little. GB ruins lives with their nonsense. Think about what it and you'll understand why this one single date is so big to the existance of wts as it is presented today.

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Miseryloveselders,

I am sure many in the JW/WT organization would endorse your view, in fact it was expressed to me not so long ago by a newly appointed M.S .

The problem is , if you claim to follow ,and cleave to Jesus Christ, then you must listen to, and follow all that he said.

He said we must worship with " Spirit and Truth " ,so if any of our belief system is not true we must throw it away, and we cannot associate with those who love the Lie, He made that clear in the Revelation, "outside will be the liars "

The WT know they are lying about 1914 and many other things.

A Happy New year,

Love

Wobble

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

I can appreciate what you are saying, AllTimeJeff, as I have all the proof I need now to draw my conclusions, and have got over the shock that I could have been deceived so easily. All those years I searched for the truth and thought I had found it, and now I realise the truth is what you want it to be. We see what we want to see and we believe what we want to believe. At least this subject is more tangible than the trinity. What in the world makes anyone think they can be an authority on that subject? That one can not be proved one way or another until we are dead and see for ourselves, and then we can't be sure we get that opportunity either. All that wasted time and energy! And yes TD JW's even trying to tell the Jews what their own customs mean!!!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Basically if 607 is wrong the imaginary return of Christ in 1914 is a lie (even though they changed it from 1874) and thus they never were chosen as Christ's channel, they never had any more backing by Holy Spirit than other religions and they were never chosen as faithful and discrete slave (even though this title was also changed over time).

Hence the JWS wear the label as false prophets as foretold in the bible many times.

The JWS/WTS. was started by men who were nothing but a ignorant self induced, power seeking, personal enhancing, exploitive con men.......end of story .

• scholar
    scholar

AllTimeJeff

Post 4270

You addressing the wrong crowd with your concerns with dates for it is the apostates that make a big deal over dating or certain dates. The WTS and its 'ce;ebrated' WT scholars have simply provided for the faithful and the public what the Bible really teaches on matters of history, prophecy and chronology. This now accurate informatioin loyally upholds the Bible as God's inspired Word rather than the lying prpaganda, demonic attacks on the Bible by higher critics and other opposers which has as its sole objective to destroy the faith, missiion, love and unity of the Lord's people and His Organization.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit