Since Leaving The "Truth" Is Your Life Better?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• carpediem
    carpediem

In many ways yes. I have so much more time. My husband is still in though, so although I now read more of what I want, see more of who I want and watch more of the sort of tv I like, I can only do it when he isnt around. This will all change when I da of course. I have just started making new friends on the 'outside' and until I do I can feel pretty lonely at times, but I know the friends I do make wont disown me if I tell them I dont share their beliefs or religion. Completely refreshing or what!

• Mr. Monday Night
    Mr. Monday Night

Alot better!! I feel alot more free from anxiety & depression. I felt like I wasnt doing enough when I was in the "Truth".

It feels like I have a closer/personal relationship with God too.

Ciao,

MMN

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

It's like the Matrix, only in reverse; the real life (outside of the Matrix) is the quality one, full of wonder and excitement, hope and real joy, and endless possibilities of what comes next!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My life is better since leaving the tower. It would probably be even better if I never knew or heard of the tower.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I have not truly left - but I now find myself a much more BALANCED person

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I was talking to my niece just yesterday. We haven't seen each other for a while, as she has been living overseas for 10 years. We hadn't talked much previous about our jw experience. She told me she spent her young life avoiding her crazy stepmother (jw) and avoiding the bullying kids at school.

She said that after leaving, she always defended the witnesses but now (she said this reticently) she believes it's a cult..

NO KIDDING!! Was my reaction. She was shocked at how well I looked and she at 41 looks 27..

Are our lives better?? Wotduyarekon?!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

oh yes, so much so. While playing house with a young wife was fun, eventually the constant battle between the 'spiritual man and the physical man' was just too much and i broke. I was left with such a low self asteem i almost took my own life, almost disapeared from society and my kids and stunned a shrink by how low i felt.

Today, words cannot fully express the love that i have in my life, my new wife is the most incredible girl i have been privledged to know. I have friends that i would die for, and them for me. I have a great lifestyle, free time to do the things i love, to build dreams. The most important change isthat now, i live in the present and not in some pipe dream.

Oz

i can never go back because they would not have me, as i am not taking off my personality for nobody.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I would say I'm happier. While a jw, I felt tired and anxious and guilty and depressed all the time with no clue why. Since leaving/fading, I am only left with the anxiety part because I've still got close jw family and their kingdom hall is literally 1 minute away from my business (which I own). I have an xmas tree in the house but feel anxious that the elders are going to stop by unannounced, which they tend to do...my spouse is recently faded so they feel he still has hope. Once we speak with the families about our true feelings, I think the anxiety will be much less. Disassociating also pops into my mind daily so that I will never fear having the elders stop by.

I don't feel guilty anymore. I am happy to smile at another table in a resturant when they are surround by the birthday singing staff. I feel more balanced as well.

• JAFO
    JAFO

Better in more ways than I could possibly count. Perhaps most important is the freedom to think, feel, believe and act as I choose.

• minimus
    minimus

If any Jehovah's Witnesses are reading this thread, please note it is NOT what they say about despair and misery if you left the "Truth". They "lie".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit