Since Leaving The "Truth" Is Your Life Better?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Mr. Monday Night: "It feels like I have a closer/personal relationship with God too."

That is soooo true. I no longer think of God as someone who is constantly testing my limits/abilities and just waiting for me to screw up. I have come to the conclusion that the WTS is truly misrepresenting who God really is.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is a relief that I don't have to worry about going out in field circus or to boasting sessions, after rushing home from work or going to work the next day (or night) without sleeping enough because of that boasting session. And I don't miss the apprehension because the Christmas songs are soon going to be playing on the PA system.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Wow, the list is so long of things that are so much better where to even start.

I don't feel guilty because I am not "spiritual" enough. I know I am spiritual.

I have more time for really important things, friends and family.

I have a good career that I could not have had if I was still in the cult.

I LOVE holidays,

I get so much enjoyment from little things in life. Flowers, birds outside my window, sunshine. I never noticed this stuff before.

I dont' feel guilty when listening to music I like because it might not be "approved", or when reading books, or when picking out clothes, or when deciding how long to wear my hair, or a beard, or so many other aspects of life that the cult leaders had an "approved/disapproved" status for.

I have read some truly wonderful books, books that would not have been "approved" by the cult leaders.

I have true friends, not the make believe friends in the cult. I have a WONDERFUL wife who I would have been told to view as "worldly" by the cult leaders.

I served in Desert Storm and I would do it again.

I don't feel anxious all the time that Armageddon is coming and despite all my efforts I did not measure up somehow.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH BETTER MY LIFE IS!!!!!!! It's wonderful, guilt/depression-free, relaxing, enjoyable. For the first time in my adult life, I feel at ease with myself and my environment. What a terrific feeling to have....

The theory that those who leave are 'returning to their vomit' is so off the wall. Life outside of that organization is like a neverending buffet with the best dishes on it!!

Returning to the WTBS- now that would be like 'returning to your vomit'. That's what their WTBS crap is like- it makes you sick.

• undercover
    undercover

Yes, it is better. Is it perfect? No. It never will be. We'll still grow old, suffer sickness. We might lose jobs or have other catastrophies befall us, but now that I'm living in the real world and not waiting on some fantasy to come true, I'm better prepared to deal with those things. Face reality and deal with it and things are better. Be optimistic about life instead of negative about the bad things of the world. I'll work on fixing my problems instead of hoping for the destruction of everyone around me...like that was going to fix everything...

• minimus
    minimus

The difference is now, we don't live a lie. In reality, that's all it was!

• lgadsden
    lgadsden

It is prfoundly sad to hear all of you saying ur lives r better after leaving the truth because now u can do what u want to do. if it is the jw u dont believe thats one thiing but to all together ignore the bible is another. for a person to give up their lives for "wordly things" because thats what they r is a tradgedy and absolutley nothing to be bragging about. i wanna know though when that time does come and its at that moment u realize that what the jw were taeching was from Jehovah what will u do then? because in effect u all r calling GOD a liar. or maybe in the middle of having all this new found freedom it hasnt croosed ur minds. to think that this world as we now know it will go on forever is crazy wether ur a ex jw or not so what r u going to do when Jehovah day comes and you now know uve made a drastic mistake? will it all have been worth it?

• minimus
    minimus

L, I appreciate your concern. But it's not about selfishness. It's about not wanting to waste your time on lies. "The Truth" is not what it's cracked up to be. You should investigate it without Watchtower goggles on.

• undercover
    undercover
    i wanna know though when that time does come and its at that moment u realize that what the jw were taeching was from Jehovah what will u do then? because in effect u all r calling GOD a liar.

When you're lying on your death bed at the ripe old age of 80 or 90 something and this world is still going with no 'predictions' from the WT coming true, I hope you remember this discussion and realize that you wasted your life following some doomsday religion... In the meantime, however, I hope you get an education and learn how to spell and communicate in writing better.

And I'm not calling God anything, I'm calling bullshit on the WT Corporation and their deceit and lies.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

lgadsden: You have been told so many times that those who leave, leave to live a life of immorality and futility, free of caring what God thinks. You've been told that so many times, that your brain has totally IGNORED the many comments here from those of us who feel closer to God since leaving and how good it feels to be closer to Him.

"Religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those of us who have already been there."

Think about it. Big difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit