Since Leaving The "Truth" Is Your Life Better?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Igads is a prime example of a truism: Misery loves company. He desperately wants to live a life without the WT, but lacks the nads to make the move. So he vents on forums like this to prop up his lagging sense of self-worth; a move that his own "God-directed" organization forbids.

Nice try. Keep the posts coming. We all deserve a good laugh.

• darnkid
    darnkid

Igadsen: In my 34 years as a Witness I NEVER felt close to God. In the last 4 years I have come to know God, REALLY know God. He is not the uptight, vengful God the Witnesses threaten everyone with. When Jesus came to the earth and died he fulfilled the law. Yet the organization is too bogged down with rules and "laws" just like they were in the days Jesus was on the earth, which was what he kept trying to tell them.

I did not leave the organization (I won't call it the truth since it ISN'T) to do whatever I wanted. I am not breaking any of the 10 commandments. What I am doing is living a life, finally, WITH God, I am able to see God in all things. I don't practice hatred as the organization does. The organization has taught my children to hate me. What kind of God would tell people that? Not to mention that your Awake magazine from earlier this summer acknowledged that people have the right to make religious choices and that no one should have to choose between God and their family. Another reason I left-HYPOCRITS.

I suggest you read "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz. A real eye opener on your "truth". It is more like power and control than truth. Actually more like a bunch of guys getting off on playing God with peoples lives.

What will you do when you die and don't wake up in the "new order" but in heaven in front of God for judgement???

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

igadsden

God is not a liar, the people who claim to speak on God's behalf are liars, especially the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

• pat1060
    pat1060

I still have a foot in,but since I have learned how controlling the org.is my mind is free and I don't feel so guilty and unworthy because of not doing enough.Now I do what I want to.So to answer your question,even though I'm still fading I feel better then I have in many years.....

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

A difficult question. I feel that only since leaving the truth TM I have had a life.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, life ain't as bad as I was told it would be.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Palmtree said/quoted: "Religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those of us who have already been there."

Love that!

JW's damaged me and my family forever. No one though has the luxery of picking which womb we pop out of, or if we will be part of the lucky sperm club. All former JW's have one other thing in common other then our past, and that is to make the best future we individuals can make it.

I will never be a giddy, goofy, happy go lucky person again. (I would welcome that if it could come... who knows) But my life is better, if only because I can form my life.

I acknowledge the damage of this cult, and won't pretend that because I left, all my problems mysteriously disappeared. But ALL of the problems that came from me having to live a lie are gone. I am me. It is better to embrace our individuality, who we are, then to be part of a cult. (even if the occasional teenage member of said cult posts super silly rhetoric that shouldn't be believed)

I am not being controlled, or being emotionally and spiritually blackmailed, by a cult. That is much better then where I was. (Africa, flat on my back, almost dead, just in case you were wondering my pimple faced pumpkin... )

• minimus
    minimus

I would rather life my life being real than being deluded.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I can think for myself. No one tells me what to do. I love it.

• minimus
    minimus

If you "can think for yourself", it means you're not relyting on Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit