Since Leaving The "Truth" Is Your Life Better?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

You are told that if you "go back to the vomit" of the world, you will be miserable.

Is your life better or worse since you've removed yourself from the Organization's hold?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Much much better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coffee

• minimus
    minimus

I know that, Coffee.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Life is definitely better. It was rough going the first few months with all the typical emotional drama that comes with leaving. But now...happy, happy, joy, joy!

A HUGE help was to attend a lunch with other exJWs in the area. Meeting folks in person and hearing their stories, let me know that I wasn't crazy and that normality was possible. And a BIG thanks to Mr and Mrs. Flipper for taking my calls. They could be therapists. I definitely owe them dinner.

Freedom is nice. More people should try it.

• minimus
    minimus

The Flippers are good people although I don't like all of Mr. Flipper's music.

• Walkin
    Walkin

After some 30 odd years as a Watchtower Slave. After giving my youth, my strength, my family, my money, my time and receiving nada, nothing in return, I think I am better off since leaving "The Lie."

Walkin, who was once close to the Governing Body.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Well, my life is pretty much the same since leaving the "truth". The only difference is that I can and do devote the free time to my own pursuits.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Not living a lie is always better..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

At least one million times better.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'm still in the process of breaking free, but already lifde is so much better. I have time to look around and enjoy life. I can lie in on Weekends. I am not fearful about doing something that will displease god - relatively guilt free. I don't look at "worldly" people with suspician. I can look at churches without thinking they are the haunting place of Demons. I can read whatever I like, watch whatever I like, listen to whatever I like. I can vote, I can if I desire, gamble. My kids can take part in school fully. They can really appreciate the holidays. Most importantly I don't have to care what other closed minded, bigotted people think of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit