February 2010 Study Watchtower - Millions Now Living 'May' Never Die

by Marni Mai 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    ...but they have changed the title to "Millions Now Living May Never Die". Only problem, they included the picture of the invitation to the talk, which says 'Will'.

Ooops.

Priceless!

• cyberguy2
    cyberguy2

If I'm not mistaken, the original outline had "may" and it was later changed to "will". Obviously, they quoted the earlier, least offensive statement.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Pdfs now available on the JWorg website downloads section

Oz

i refered to this also in an earlier thread but failed to look at the picture!

thanks Marni mae

• agonus
    agonus

Guys, they HAVE to be doing this in an attempt to root out the faders/fence-sitters/lurkers. What other reason could there possibly be? I'm telling you, there's GOT to be some kind of contrived loyalty test coming down the pike...

• yknot
    yknot

When I first read this the other day I thought to myself...........which one of you lurking conscious class Bethelites are responsible for this 'typo'

Will we find a interesting smiley embedded on 2010's WTCD next to that phrase......maybe a , , , , , , ,

If this was intentional to 'wake' some R&F up.....kudos!

If however this was of sinister origins....... than by all means 'out' as many fencesitter as you can.....we have plenty of room and encouragement for them to voice their discoveries about the truth of the 'troof'!

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

It's deception as usual and after learning the truth about wts it's not surprising as they've done this in the past many times over. It's not a lie per se since the talk really was Million Now Living May Never Die and the book released in 1920 was called Millions Now Living WILL Never Die. So by implying that Rutherford envisioned millions of people never dying they imply that todays number of WTS followers is a proof of Rutherford's vision and direction of Holy Spirit. They don't mention that the millions was in reference to 1925 era which was going to see the ancients resurrected and imminent end of the system of things. It's obvious that the written material is half truthful which most dubs won't notice or won't even know what Rutherford was speaking of when he made the above comments. What makes me sick is that they're pushing the adoration of GB more than ever, maybe I didn't catch on to this while being blinded to the deception but it does seem to me that they're pushing for greater loyalty to GB more than ever before. It's as if they preparing the followers for something big in the future. Latest wts trash appears to make GB not only anointed but Christ's substitudes on earth, Christ's channel and representatives here and these are the ones who demand absolute loyalty from the followers. Even when they refer to God, many times it almost appears that they're talking of themselves and they place themselves as if in the seat of God. Has anyone else notice that or is it just me?

• possible-san
    possible-san

I think that much more hypocrisy is hidden in that article.

For example, why isn't the situation of the convention in 1922 a photograph?

The "Star-Spangled Banner" should be drawn there clearly.
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/pages/jw/adv.html
    (If you click that thumbnail, you can see a big picture.
    I colored only the "Star-Spangled Banner.")

Moreover, they have ignored the context.
    Rutherford said like this.

"millions now living will never die.
    Do you believe it?
    Do you believe that the King of glory is present, and has been since 1874?...
    Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom."

(The Watchtower, November 1, 1922)

It is a "stock-in-trade" of the Watch Tower society to try to deceive people.

possible

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

All they had to do was tell the members that the original talk said "May" but that da Judge got a bit carried away and started saying "Will." Instead, they gotta keep their history in a mysterious "We were right back then" kind of illusion to convince everyone that they are right now.

• nelly136
    nelly136

will may, wont change much for those that werent supposed to die but are already dead.

• wobble
    wobble

"We were right back then" that is what they would have the Dumdubs believe, at the end of the booklet, entitled "Millions now living WILL never die"(Capitals mine) it states that everything will come to fruition in1925, including the bringing back to life of the "Ancient Worthies"

The same booklet urges that people obtain and study the "Finished Mystery" by Russell, a book which does not encourage the Bible students themselves in an earthly hope.

This period of their history is so blatently edited as to be a joke, but 7 million Dubs will swallow it.

If Jesus chose them in 1919, why did he not give them some "food" to distribute. None of what they taught then is acceptable today apart from the things they did not teach, trinity etc. Both the Talk and booklet were still being pushed in 1922. It is laughable.

Love,

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit