February 2010 Study Watchtower - Millions Now Living 'May' Never Die

by Marni Mai 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD

lgadsden:

"Truly wanting to understand the true GOD and draw closer to him" is well and good.

However claiming that Jehovah has appointed you as his modern day spokesman, channel, etc. and because of the superior knowledge that goes with having this favored position, you have specific knowledge of when the end will come is something else again.

Covering those predictions up after they fail with misleading and ambiguous language is arguably dishonest wouldn't you say? What does the God of truth think about dishonsty? What does He think about dishonsty when it is carried out in His name?

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Great post, Marni Mai. Your eagle eye spotted something that the current WT editors are probably squirming in their seats about. Otherwise they would have never resurrected that clipping.

1918 advertisement, Millions Now Living Will ..."

I thought for a moment that they incorrectly placed that Hippodrome talk in the 1918 timline (the year [if there] does not display clearly). However, I used an online date calculator which shows that for the years 1917 thru 1926, March 31 fell on Sunday only once -- 1918.

That tells me that Rutherford waffled between the words "may" and "will" in public address titles before finally settling on the latter by the time the now-infamous booklet was printed in 1920.

Len

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

My computer's ram is acting up, so would somebody do the copy and paste flame for this new JW troll?

• zoiks
    zoiks
    ...those of us who truly want to understand the true GOD and draw closer to him

If you are referring to the god that Jehovah's Witnesses worship, then I am afraid you are in the wrong neighborhood!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

That talk by the judge Rutherford is one of many of the determining factors why I don't believe in the WTS statements. I have had many a friend who tried to "hang on" to see this prophesy come true only to fall in death. How sad that they based their hopes and dreams on ones not dying.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

ah yes, the "light is getting brighter" answer to ever mistake the WT has ever made.

Excellent.

Pass the kool-aid.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Actually, if you think about it - under WT and Rutherford theology - both "MAY" and "WILL" are really equally a lie when you remember that this was stated and published in 1918 about witness people in 1918!

The reality is that not even "MAY" can cover the falsehood of it now - there were demonstrably NOT "millions of witnesses and witnesses-to-be" in 1918 who had any chance of not dying.

They are all dead now, except perhaps for maybe a handful of people who could have been perhaps 8 to 10 at the time.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Just keep in mind that the vast amjority of new Dubs will never see the original book. Even if they do, most new ones do not read English so they will not be able to appreciate the nuances between future tense (will) and subjunctive (may).

Very nicely done and all I can do is gnash my teeth (or show up at the study and truthfully answer the question .)

• changeling
    changeling

I'm so mad I could spit! How low can they go? I'm grabbing Dad's WT and a magnifying glass and showing him from his own precious magazine what a warped and deceitful organization he belongs to.

For those who like to make up or exagerate stories about the WT, this is a perfect example that one does not need to stoop to such things. Just read the WT, it condems itself.

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

the light keeps getting brighter as we reach the day.

the explanation for all wording changes, all doctrinal changes, all administrative changes, all changes.

how can you lose with a slogan like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit