February 2010 Study Watchtower - Millions Now Living 'May' Never Die

by Marni Mai 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kifoy
    kifoy

Funny... But I do have to say that this "word play" has been totally lost in the Norwegian translation. Here the public talk has been translated with the word for "shall" (there's really no easy translation of "may" in this context).

So if this was really a deliberate "so that it can't be said that we were totally wrong" replacement of this word, it may very well be totally lost in translation...

• JWoods
    JWoods

One thing to remember, Kifoy, is that "SHALL" is just as false as "MAY" or "WILL".

Rutherford was talking about pro-witness people living in 1918 who would see armageddon, thus being spared death.

He was wrong, no matter what the verb. They are almost all dead now, proving that he had no idea whatsoever as to when the end would come.

Pure and simple.

• flipper
    flipper

Anybody that wants to read the WT society's history can read Ray Franz's " Crisis of Conscience " to see that the WT society has always been a lying sack of $hit organization. For 130 years plus they have been changing around dates for their own convenience because of failed interpretations and predictions from their alleged " spirit inspired " men. It is evil and unforgiveable that they have duped millions into believing they " will " or " may " never die. Because it's a lie. This February article is just a case of them covering over and hiding their mistakes again

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, Quandry.

Thank you for your reply.
    And thank you for telling us your experience.

Both you and I have been deceived by the Watch Tower society.
    I have wasted my precious life for that cult, too.
    But that our bitter experience may be able to help other people.
    May be ..., surely ..., our life did not worthless.

Well, you can see the PDF files of the old "Watchtower" freely on the Internet.
    You can investigate it by yourself.
    http://www.archive.org/details/WatchTowerBibleandTractSocietyofPennsylvaniaWatchTowerpubs_0
    http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/4409793/434fff7a/WATCHTOWER_1879_-_1949.html

But originally, on the website of Randy, people have to pay money and buy them (CD-ROMs).
    http://www.freeminds.org/Shop.html

By the way, my website which Lady Lee expressed as "SPAM" is here.
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/pages/link/link09.html

possible

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_prophet

read deutoronomy 13:

we "apostates" can say whatever we want, but the watchtower has become a false prophet by ITS OWN actions. they cannot re-change their history and they keep on making the same mistakes (by not purging themselves of the falsehood)

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Hi Possible-San,

Thanks for providing that great group of links. I'm now getting 1917, 1918, 1919 Watchtowers. That should complete my library from 1879 thru 1949.

Len

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, Fatfreek.

Thank you for your reply.

And I'm sorry to forget to thank for your useful post.
    I am looking forward to your post.

possible

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Igadsden: What you're implying is that the light is getting brighter and the old teaching were not understood therefore were revised. What you don't get is that you are believing in the organization that teaches that they were directed by God from the start and in 1918 Christ chose them because they were proven to be clean. So not only is WTS claiming to have been found favorable with Christ in 1918 but also that they were spiritually clean. So how is it that they believed 1799, 1874, 1878 and 1914 and again in 1925? Ok let's say they were mistaken on some but shouldn't God's spirit cleans them of falsehoods like 1799,1874 and 1878 right away? Does God's spirit work that slow that it look an extra 20 years to get rid of these dates? What about 1925? Did the Holy Spirit bless WTS with that date? After all they were cleansed people were they not? You are hiding your head in the sand and refuse to look at the facts. That is not light getting brighter because as you notice when you get up in the morning you don't see sun rising and then going backwards while the night takes over and then sun jumps up in the middle of the sky only to reverse it's course and the moon appears! That's not how you see the morning occur but that is what WTS is telling you and millions others has occurred in the case. The entire history of WTS is full of flip flops, revisions, deception and lies. This article is clearly deceptive but they will say it's not since they're not hiding anything, but they're not disclosing the whole story either, they only show their members what they want their members to see because the rest would not benefit the leaders. Maybe you should do some deeper research on wts history before you try to defend the liars that they are unless you like what this religion tells you without caring for the truth in which case all the best to you in living a dream. Before I end, think about the bible and those false prophets who prophesied using God's name? Why did God reject them? He could have said that the weren't getting the full light yet but were speaking in his name which was good, wasn't it? NO! They were condemned for being false prophets for telling people what God didn't tell them to speak and in the same manner WTS is a false prophet for they speak out of their ass and not what God has told them. They are a deceptive organization, a whore that would sell it's children for a mere buck.

• bamse
    bamse

I have downloaded the norwegian pdf of that studyarticel and looked at what the rendering of "may" in the english text. It is the norwegian word "skal" and that word renders the english "will" and "shall". So in this case the norwegian translation is honest to the very original text. Maybe the norwegian translater is an apostateseed?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

are these jokers protecting the WT real? or do we have another case of reniaa!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit