February 2010 Study Watchtower - Millions Now Living 'May' Never Die

by Marni Mai 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Marni Mai
    Marni Mai

Just noticed that in the February 2010 Study Edition of the Watchtower, they refer to the "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" talk in 1918, but they have changed the title to "Millions Now Living May Never Die". Only problem, they included the picture of the invitation to the talk, which says 'Will'.

Ooops.

It's on Page 16. Enjoy.

• etna
    etna

I can't beleive how subtly they are in changing the wording from "will" to "may". If I told my jw relatives they will say that I'm picking on very minor things. I'm glad I don't have to listen to their bs anymore.

Etna

• dgp
    dgp

Would anyone please tell me how I can get the PDF file of that Watchtower? Thank you in advance.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

LOL!!! Wow, they're really shameless, aren't they? And unobservant, to boot. Millions Now Living MAY Never Die...wow....what a joke.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

That's the lowest of the low. To intentionally misquote your own book title!

• truthseeker
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Marni Mai

Great find!

They have a way of changing things in a subtle way. Most of the members have neither read or ever seen the book. Now,the word ''may'' will be ingrained in everyone's head. The ''light'' is getting darker and darker for the WTS.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I did a little research, (actually just read someone else's research) and posted this a while back:

"Da Judge" first gave that talk with a little wiggle room in the title on February 24, 1918: "The World Has Ended; Millions Now Living MAY Never Die"

Five weeks go by, a lot of dubs were slurping it up without batting an eye, so he changed it to the whopper we've all come to know and love: "The World Has Ended; Millions Now Living WILL NEVER Die."

Still, it's amazing they would put 2 and 2 together in the same WT article now.

om

• flipper
    flipper

MARNI MAI- Unf---ing believable. This is big. This is really big . Deception-wise. It absolutely infuriates me to see these GB a-holes and the writing committee be so deceptive . It reminds me of the newer versions of the " Truth " book printed in the early 1980's where they removed a quote from the original printing of the book in 1968 which said " in 1975 the world would be too dangerous a place to live in ".

Once again the WT society is re-writing their recollection or memory of WHAT they had said years before. They are doing this of course for newer members who don't REALIZE they ever said anything else ! Makes me want to expose the WT society even more ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Look at this ridiculous article, making a big deal about all their so-called achievements based on silly, false dates like 1914, 1918 etc. You'd think by now they'd be embarrassed to keep harking on about all their crusty old dates and what happened 100 years ago. WHO CARES! They have zilch credibility when it comes to date-based predictions and chronology.

And notice it's all about the 'bride class' and how it's dispensed life-saving spiritual water blah blah blah. Jesus said "come to me" and "I am the truth, the way, and the life" but theres hardly a mention of Jesus. Instead they never stop wanking off about themselves and their precious ORGANISATION and the high and mightly 'faithful and discreet boastful' slave class. 70% of all Watchtower study articles are just organisational chest-thumping and the WTS blowing hard with only a token mention of Jesus.

I pity the poor mugs who endure this tripe every week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit