What JW catch phrase DRIVES YOU NUTS!!!!

by megaflower 221 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

Among Jehovah's loving flock. I find that phrase so weird now that I am out .

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Since "Happifying" and "Evidently..." have already been spoken for, I will add:

Sing Praises To Jehovah Song 125

"JehovahIsonMySide"

2. I know that in this crucial hour

My faith will yet be tested.

Around me swarms the Devil's crowd

Like bees that were molested.

But I can ever beat them off

Beneath divine protection.

On those who love to bear his name,

God sets his deep affection.

NWT (Psalm94:19) . . .When my disquieting thoughts became many inside of me, Your own consolations began to fondle my soul.

Psalm 94:19

Parallel Bible

New International Version (©1984)
    When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

New Living Translation (©2007)
    When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
    When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy.

International Standard Version (©2012)
    When my anxious inner thoughts become overwhelming, your comfort encourages me.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    In the multitude of my heart' s afflictions, your comforts have redeemed my soul!

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    When I worried about many things, your assuring words soothed my soul.

Bunch of Pedophiles. "Indeed."

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

truthseeker already said it, but I'm only just now noticing how weird the expression "get-together" is. Apparently Witnesses are afraid of the word "party" because of its licentious connotations. Then again, since "get-togethers" were rarely fun, mostly just standing around pretending to be interested in the conversation you were having and wondering how soon you could excuse yourself by going to refill your cup at the drinks table, it would have sullied the word "party" to apply it to those gatherings.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

lol this is a pretty angry thread. for me? always "the kingdom" is going to fix this or that, never actually looking at the problem and trying to solve it. also, anything that has to do with women that they say pretty much pisses me off.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"It must have..." to assume something that is not in the Bible but is inserted to support their doctrines/lies

• d
    d

We put faith in Jehovah not in man.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

"please take your seats".....take em where?....into the carpark? ...home?

cant remember the song - "like bees that were molested"...eh?

illustration in a talk followed by "its a bit like that today"

"likewise today"

one that drove me nuts at arsemblies - "can all those who are able please stand and sing blah blah" - yeah, lets bring attention to the fact that some are infirm or in a wheelchair. Lets remind those that struggle each day with illness or have had a tragic accident that perhaps has resulted in depression, that they are no longer as mobile as the rest of us!

sorry about the rant. One young sister in a wheelchair dreaded arsemblies because of that.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Heh, yes, I also hate the "those who are able to stand" remark.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Any prayer that mentioned the Governing Body or Faithful and Discreet Slave made me sick.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

At conventions, when there is no opening prayer for the afternoon session and the song is over, the chairman would say "you may be seated" as if the audience couldn't figure it out on its own...still some idiots would wait for the cue to sit...

Being met in the parking lot by attendants too young to drive holding an orange stick to point in the direction you are already heading...

...the slave knows exactly what we needed, a spiritual feast at an appropriate time.

...it's time to turn in your report

...this month we had a deficit of $.....and a balance of $.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit