What JW catch phrase DRIVES YOU NUTS!!!!

by megaflower 221 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

" it behooves us ...."

Rub a Dub

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

privilege.....as in privilege to do hall cleaning....to go on ministry....

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Not sure if this was said already...

We aren't perfect....

So, if the rest of the world isn't perfect, what degree are they not perfect. Are they better imperfect...

Oh, we are temporary residents....aren't we all...All men will die...Like my grandmother use to say.."I didn't come to stay"...

There are so many that catch phrases they say....which they call "Pure Language"..

You do know the catch phrases are supposed to be clever & shut you up ?

I always have one to give'em, when life has it's ups & downs..."If it ain't one thing...it's your mother"

Be Well,

Legacy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

"Correct pronounciation".

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Or any time the brother giving the public talk mentioned how talented some of the brothers were with their work etc, and how great sisters were at making cakes.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Julia, I expect JDubbs think Pronunciation is someone in favour of being a virgin for Christ.

Most groups evolve a certain number of esoteric expressions, Sportsmen for example, but usually such expressions are from common sense or humour, the huge amount of WT special language rarely comes for either, and it is painful to listen to because it is like the whole religion, the opposite of reality.

The Truth .................... HAHAHAHAHA !

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

And, also too. (Favorite of New Englanders)

"gathering instead of party". "Worldly people"

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Any declaration beginning with, "Are we not...[insert grateful, happyfied, etc]"

• d
    d

Are you glad that you have the truth?

• d
    d

Why we have the truth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit