If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The river blindness example was a good one to discuss because it is pretty simple, so I contributed to it.

HG DID NOT change the original topic at all. If anyone did it, it was you Lil and a few others. I asked a very simple question and YOU deflected the question and went on about man's responsibility. If you remember, at one point I corrected you and said I wasn't interested in man's role, only God's.

Maybe your reading comprehension isn't what you think it is, Lil. Having said that, I think you need to stop counseling others and stop taking discussion boards so personally. Nobody here dislikes YOU. Some of us just don't agree with your views, especially if you deflect the original question of the thread and go elsewhere.

Peace & Love

Minimus

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

lil,

however yours still seems to be lacking because you cannot seem to understand the basic answers to that simple Q

I understand your answers perfectly. I just find them preposterous.

Who are you to tell people their responses are nonsense?

Yes, after you made statements which were not accurate in order to defend your god, and it was pointed out that the statements were inaccurate, you then went and read up on river blindness. But, you were perfectly willing to use inaccurate statements to defend your god, that was my point.

And no, my example did not "change the subject", as the person who started the thread stated, the example provided a way to be very clear on the moral issue involved without getting off into generalities. River blindness is a great example to show that god does not care, so it is absolutely no topic as minimus said it was.

I only said things which could be proven to be false were nonsensical. I did not say that about opinion. People made untrue statements about the river blindness disease, I said those statements were nonsense.

So god creates a worm that makes people blind and when called on it says "oh that's man's problem now, let him take care of it"? Some god you have there.

I gave you an opportunity to educate me on what god is doing for man. One of the things you said was that he gave us the Bible. That is just great. But, I have lived in the Congo and the people there are mostly illiterate, the ones that can read have never seen a Bible, what few Bibles are around are not in the languages the pepole speak, the people are not Christains and wouldn't seek out a Bible anyway. Oh, but they are blind, so unless you have a brail Bible in their language a lot of good the Bible is going to do them.

I understood the answers you gave perfectly. They are just excuses, not answers.

I will summarize them:
    God is not responsible for anything because it is all man's fault.

The victims are to blame because they are wicked or evil somehow and don't follow god's principles andd all they have to do is follow god's principles.

God sent the Bible to show everyone how to live.

God's spirit motivates the church to solve all the problems that god created. But the only evidence of that is the fact that the church people say that.

God supposedly sent his son to be murdered on the earth and the son was invisbily taken into the heavens and he is doing something invisibly, not sure what exactly.

Does this pretty much sum up what god is doing?

It is not that I don't believe that god is doing something. The only proof that he is doing anything is the church people telling me so. And what they say he is doing is totally inadequate. I see no evidence that god is doing anything. The church people say they are acting on god's behalf. That is very nice but they cannot hope to even begin to ease the suffering of the vast majority.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Oh, and I really find ending these insulting posts with the word peace quite hypocritcal and nauseating. If you want to insult me then insult me but don't hide behind this so-called christain goodness.

Peace

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Minimus,

You are entitled to your opinion and do not have to accept my answer to your Q.

Also as far telling me to stop counseling and that is fine but the same has to apply to your friend happyguy. Because he has given many here counsel about reading more, doing more research, taking a reading comprehension class etc.

As far as people liking or not liking me on the forum it doesn't matter that much to me because I am probably not going to meet many of you in person anyway. I do have a few friends here that I personally know and I would be more concerned about their opinion of me then those who I will only meet online.

In the future, I will be weary of threads like this. They are counterproductive.

• minimus
    minimus

Lil, get on my animal/homosexuality thread. Please.

• streets76
    streets76

After 19 pages, let's now ask our dearly departed Oracle, Fred Franz.

"Brother Franz, please, tell us, If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING by Now?"

"Well...I'm often asked...If God truly cared about people, wouldn't he do something by now? Well...the answer is simple, really...the reason God hasn't done something by now...is because...YOU ALL HAVE BEEN EXPECTING HIM TO DO SOMETHING!! You made the same mistake about 1975, remember?"

Isn't it obvious?

• minimus
    minimus

Hmmm That sounds familiar. It's man's fault.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

happyguy,

I was not defending God at all, as if he needs me to defend him. I was simply trying to explain why I believe he does care and what I believe he has done to show he does.

The point is this; this entire thread is off track at this point because of all the insulting and name calling. To expect to have an intelligent dialogue at this point is useless. I agree with minimus that both sides have been presented already. We simply will not agree. You think my responses are ridiculous, well the feeling is mutual.

About my using peace, well that is not going to change. No matter if someone believes God exists or not, I do hope all people have peace in their lives. That is not me saying you don't have peace in yours. It is simply the way I have been signing off on this thread, in letters, and other ways for years now. But I will make a mental note to try not to end my posts to you with the word peace, if you find it insulting.

Minimus,

I will check out the thread on homesexuality but do not know if I have time to respond. We will see, Lilly

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

lil

But I will make a mental note to try not to end my posts to you with the word peace, if you find it insulting.

I did not say I found the use of the word peace insulting. I said I found the use of the word peace at the end of an insulting post to be hypocritical and nauseating.

• minimus
    minimus

Lil, I LOVE your response on the other thread! Too funny!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit