If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onchocerciasis

Here is the Wiki article on River Blindness. Not a single reference to Attenborough. Maybe 'scholarly research' could miss Sirs comments on the matter? Geez.

Jeff

• minimus
    minimus

Attacking the messenger of the argument is unnecessary. HG has CONSISTENTLY kept on top as well as a couple of others. The subject is about God's action or inaction. What man is doing about river blindness is not what I'm talking about. It never was.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What I wonder is what he has ever done about anything?

I say NOTHING.

Jeff

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The followers of god claims that god talks all the time.... to them. But god never talks to us.

The followers of god claims he does all kinds of stuff for man, but none of it is in evidence.

In all cases, god has been silent. The only ones who insist god talks, and god acts, is man, not god.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

But ATJ, what about all those OT accounts of God's wrath, or his miracles in the NT?

Oh wait. None of that is actually verifiable is it? In fact, almost all the 'biggies' [flood, man's instantaneous creation] have been totally disproved as fact. Still, it should make good sense to base our entire life and thinking on the book that proclaims God's power! Just kidding.

Jeff

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I struggle with that very question often. What helps me cope is to understand that God has a time set up already for when he'll take up action, and his view of such time is much different than we humans look at it.

DY - I still struggle terribly with the waiting while all the suffering goes on.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

WOW!... Min, I answered your question from my own view point, and now I am being taught 'how to make a rebuttle' by frankiespeakin! (pages 10-11)

And so I would conclude that if you use such an rebuttal that you would have to be in agreement with 100% of what was stated to even be able to use it:
    I have to do what exactly????????? It may surprise you know, that there are people out there who can agree on one thing, even if they agree on nothing else.... I 99.9% agree with the statement I quoted- but I wasn't answering YOUR question when I posted it now was I Frankie?

Thankyou for the advice... but I am a big girl now- I can handle myself during a debate.... my first post on this thread wasn't to start a debate

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

It could very well be that humans are not important to God and that any suffering we experience is just so much "whatever" to him.

It is possible for there to be a Creator who is amoral with regard to any human ideas of morality.

I think we just don't find much use for a Creator who won't do anything for us other than "creating".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

As I mentioned before, it is the moderates that have the hardest time trying to reconcile a loving God with a "distand God".

Allow me to play the role of the fundamentalist extermists:

You ask about river blindeness, well, don't drink the water, God put commone sense into you, use it !

God made earthquakes for a reason, don't like them? don't live in a place that has them !

You blame God for his "lack of compassion" but God will have mercy on who he has mercy and compassion on who he has compassion and guess what? it may NOT be you !

Why does God not protect the innocent? because there are no innocents !

ALl are sinful and must suffer to be cleansed of their sin and only by accepting Jesus in TRUTH and in absolute, can you be saved, you and the rest of mankind !!

Satan does evil to mankind because they are sinful and refuse to accept God, God allows this because people have turned from god on thier own !!!

*cure thunderbolts*

As you can see, extermists always have the answers.

• minimus
    minimus

PSac, I appreciate it that you're not an extremist!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit