If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I for one see a double standard on this forum. One that I am not going into at this time.

I cannot see anything good coming from this thread at this point because it is getting into personal attacks on people just because they disagree with a few others. Its funny too because the one doing most of the name calling then gets upset if HE feels attacked. Don't throw the first punch if you cannot take some back I say.

Maybe it is time for the mods to lock it down?

• minimus
    minimus

The thread's been fine. Maybe you don't like the thread for other reasons??

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

lil,

Who did I call names? What names did I call them? You make a lot of accusations. Start backing them up.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Go back and read your own posts happyguy. You have called more than a few people here ignorant, uneducated, misinformed, lacking reading comprehension among other things. Plus you have used the F word once or twice too. Don't you think others will take those statements as attacks too?

Why can't you just argue your points without putting someone down because they disagree? Or did you never learn how to do that?

According to the rules of this forum, name calling, abusive speech and bad laguage is not acceptable. Does this only apply to Christians, or is this everyone?

I tend to wonder.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

The second-to-the-last refuge of someone against the ropes: "It all makes sense, it's just we can't understand it."

The last refuge of someone against the ropes: "You're a poopy-head!"

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

lil,

When people purposely misrepresented facts or told outright lies I called them on it.

When people demonstrated that they were misinformed I showed them using facts that they were misinformed. Since when is showing someone that they are misinformed an insult?

When people kept saying something that was wrong when the facts were clearly presented multiple times it made me question their reading comprehension since they demonstrated a lack of reading comprehension.

When you made statements about river blindness that were nonsenical I told you to educate yourself on the topic. YOU chose to take it that I was calling you uneducated. Those are two very different statements.

So far I don't see any examples of name calling. Maybe there are some in the "among other things".

I find it amusing that a Christain's sensibillties are so easily offended by "curse" words, but they are not offended by all the suffering that their god causes and permits.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

lil,

According to the rules of this forum, name calling, abusive speech and bad laguage is not acceptable. Does this only apply to Christians, or is this everyone?

So you are upset because Christains get censored when they curse, call people names, and use abusive speech and bad language but others are not censored?

I thought Christains did not behave like that.

And how would the moderators know who is a Christain and who is not a Christain?

• minimus
    minimus

Happy Guy, I agree with you. Having said that, it's been a great discussion. Still, the tone can get a bit condescending on all sides. I don't think using the F bomb is productive here. Your style is in your face. I like that BUT it can sound a bit harsh. Be like Lil and end with "Peace" or "Love" and you can say what you want. (Just joking).....I think the thread put out the different positions people have on this subject quite well.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Who are you to tell people their responses are nonsense? That is the point. A Q was asked and people responded from their perspective. God was placed in the Question, which was "If God truly cared about people, wouldn't he do something". So people responded to minimus' Q and gave their Christian response to show he has done something and continues to do so.

But because you do not believe God is doing something, you keep saying their responses are nonsense. From their perspective, it is not nonsense. Who made you judge of what is true and not?

While people were answering Minimus' original Q, you came along and tried to change the original topic altogether by making this discussion about "river blindness", If anything minimus should have put you back on track because the Q was not about river blindness specifically but was about If God cares, why hasn't he done anything to show he does care?

This Q was answered over and over again by these responses by more than just myself and the answer is;

he has done something to show he loves us and that was by sending his son to save mankind from all sin and the wages it pays which is death, (john 3:16), he has also with his spirit raised up believers to go into the world and help all the people who are suffering due to living in "this life", and we are to minister to them until the time of the new heavens and new earth we are awaiting. God has also made man Lord of the Earth and it is our responsbiblity to take care of it, and assist in getting rid of any problems on it, including river blindness. We have the medication to cure it completely and the WHO is in fact dispensing this medication to millions of people. Also the church is assisting with this and providing their own time and funds too. Hence in ALL these ways God has done something about suffering in general and about river blindness. Only you refuse to accept this because you refuse to accept God.

You may be able to say I was ignorant about river blindness and that was true, but at least I went out and educated myself about this issue. But I will continue to say you are ignorant about God and what he is doing for mankind. So why don't you go out and educate yourself about that?

I think my reading comprehension is just fine because I perfectly understood the original Q, however yours still seems to be lacking because you cannot seem to understand the basic answers to that simple Q. Peace, Lilly

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Also I agree with minimus, I think both sides of the issue have at this point been completely given here and to continue is going to keep being counter productive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit