If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

minimus,

In many parts of the world it is actually illegal to watch something life threatening and not intervene if you had the ability and opportunity to do so.

There is a famous case, not too long ago. a girl was being raped and a crowd was watching and no one did anything to stop it, not call 911, not take a rock upside the head of the attackers, nothing.

EVERYONE who was standing there was charged with the crime.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

This thread still going?

Damn !

• minimus
    minimus

Well, you simply have to ask what would God do? What Does God do?

• lgadsden
    lgadsden

with GOD there is an acceptable time for everything ever since the beginning of creation. for any human to question GOD or demand anything of HIM is crazy. to find the answer read the bible 4 ur self. meditate on it and pray for power of reason instead of leaning on ur own understanding. what a sad thing its going to be for those who doubt or refuse to be taught when GOD finally does do something about it

• minimus
    minimus

OK

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy
    with GOD there is an acceptable time for everything ever since the beginning of creation

Yes, there is an acceptable time for untold suffering while "God" sits back and sadistically enjoys basks in the suffering.

Not demanding anything of your god, just asking why he allows suffering that he could easily stop to continue.

I have read the Bible cover to cover at least 3 times a year since I was 9 years old. I have mediated and prayed over it for HOURS a day for many years.

what a sad thing its going to be for those who doubt or refuse to be taught when GOD finally does do something about it

This sounds like a threat. So, what you are saying is that if we have questions that really concern us then God is going to destroy us? Punish us in eternal fire? Something equally horrific? All because God didn't give his instructions in a form that a reasonable person could understand but instead gave us the convoluted nonsense that is the Bible?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Galatians 4:4 But when the time arrived that was set by God the Father, God sent his Son ... MSG

LGadsden, you're absolutely right, there is an appointed time for every affair under the heavens.

Welcome to JWN.

Are you from Alabama?

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Some are taking this a little too personal.

There is nothing worng with asking the "tough questions", just as there is nothing wrong in admiting we don't know the answers.

All we can do is speculate on BOTH accounts.

• minimus
    minimus

Honestly, I've seen no nastiness on this thread. I've seen a little ruffling of some feathers but that's what happens when opposing views are considered.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I think I was clear on my position, lots of suffering is our own fault but some are natural disasters, unforseen occurances, etc. Man is Lord of the earth and we need to help our fellow man. God expects the church to outreach to the world in addition to preaching the Ministry of Reconcilliation. Which literally means God is reconciling all things back to himself. He has already set his plan in motion, sent his son which was a display of his love for us (John 3:16) and this life is temporary only as we are awaiting a new heavens and new earth.

In the meantime, yes we have to endure suffering for many reasons. The answers are in the bible and you can pray for the Spirit to help you understand it.

I am not going to keep going around in circles so happyguy, I think you have to go back and reread my posts. You are still twisting everything I am saying. This is my last post on this, maybe someone else can weigh in on the topic because this is too busy a week for me to be tied to the computer all day.

Peace to all, Lilly

P.S. Igadsden, I agree with you and snowbird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit