Apostate Brainstorming Session

by AllTimeJeff 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dissed
    dissed

Razziel

Thanks for posting and a vary thoughtful one at that.

Look forward to your next. And welcome aboard!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Perhaps I am not the one to speak because for the sake of maintaining a family relationship and avoiding a seperation, I keep a low profile and do not openly dispute with the Witnesses that I know.

However, I believe that, like any good ad campaign, efforts need to be targeted at the people that we need to reach, not the world at large. The reachable Witnesses are the young and (if possible) those studying or recently converted. These ones may have the openness of mind to able to change course. The old ones, I believe, are too set in their ways to change even if a massive fraud were discovered and rammed down their throats.

By enlightening the younger ones and seeing them draw away one by one , we are slowly seeing the Society deprived of its' future.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

The rank and file are kept so busy, (physically and mentally), that they have no time or inclination to absorb any information other than what is presented to them on a silver platter by the GB.

Information is the key. I believe most JW's are intelligent enough to grasp the facts. They just need to have access to them and a little "me-time" to absorb the implications of those facts.

That was all I needed. The facts and time to analyse them.

The thing that had the most effect on me, was seeing the real origins of the organization and realizing the implications of that on the religion that it has become. I mean seriously : a handful of elderly men (no women), all of them American, hold the fate of, not just each individual JW, but the entire world in their hands?? Could their viewpoints, opinions, policies, thought-processes be any narrower? I think not.

Easy access to the internet is helping to get the facts out there. How do you give individual JW's the time to sort out the info? I'm not sure.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Following along PALMTREE67 comment’s.

It takes a great amount of time and patience to research and finally understand what makes the WT dangerous to ones mental, spiritual and emotional being. Imo, the “million now living will never die” counter campaign could be very effective if the main goal is to direct people to well prepared websites and youtube videos. The content should concentrate on stating the facts (weeding out emotions), including though provoking questions (all that it takes is to get a JW thinking for themselves again). It should also include information on where to find support for those that decide to leave and for the ones that might continue captives in the Org after discovering the truth about the “truth”.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit