Apostate Brainstorming Session

by AllTimeJeff 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Outlaw,

When most JWs come to boards like this they run the other way. If it were a more moderate board they might stay longer. But as I said I don't think that's ever going to happen.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

There is way too much negativity about JWs on exJW forums. Not all is dark and dank in the JW world. The Witnesses know this. If exJWs were more moderate in their views about JWs they would disarm the Governing Body. But I doubt that will ever happen on this or any exJW forum.

Spiritually, the WTS is dead and barren. They have no truth compared to the "Lazarus" class. Remember, Lazarus wanted knowledge and yearned for what was dropping from the table of the Rich Man. The Rich Man represents the GB. But in the end, Lazarus is satisfied with knowledge and his advanced knowledge torments the Rich Man. So technically and spiritually, the WTS are in spiritual darkness they don't have the truth. Wherever you look they have false teachings.

1. They don't know the messiah arrived in 1992.

2. They don't realize the 1290 days ends in 1947.

3. They don't realize the messiah returned in the flesh as the Bible says.

4. They don't realize the 1st resurrection took place before the second coming and thus 1992 and thus has already occurred.

5. They don't believe as Christ said that"some standing here" would not die until he returned. Thus they don't realize that Christ rebuilds the natural 12 tribes of Israel through individuals from the 1st century who never die. "The little one will become a thousand..." So now there exists the 12 tribes of Israel throughout the world.

6. They don't realize that John, Paul and Jesus' mother, Mary, along with others have never died.

8. They also don't know about the second resurrection, even though the Bible clearly says it happens after Satan is killed in the lake of fire during JUDGMENT DAY! They think everybody's coming back during Christ's 1000-year rule with a new chance? No way. People will be judged by what they did in their former lives.

9. They disobey God who says not to make rules about foods and yet they forbid tobacco and blood, even though the Bible says if you're at an unbeliever's house eat everything without question.

10. They forbid polygamy and force legally married second wives to divorce, likely causing them to commit fornication because of their circumstance. Polygamy was never condemned in the Bible but divorce on grounds other than fornication is a Law. So they literally travel to the ends of the earth to make one proselyte and then when converting him, make him twice as subject to Gehenna then he was before. They are the ultimate Man of Lawlessness.

11. Jesus died on Nisan 20th, not Nisan 14th. Passover is always eaten on a sabbath day, the 1st day of unfermented cakes.

12. Jersualem fell in 529 BCE not 607BCE. 455 BCE begins the 70 weeks prophecy. They trusted the lying scholars who want to keep in place the revised timeline.

And on and on.... They are hopeless, lost, in spiritual darkness, out of God's favor and set for destruction along with the rest of Christendom, while "still alive."

LS

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    When most JWs come to boards like this they run the other way. If it were a more moderate board they might stay longer.

believingexjw

However, once they do leave they flock here like nuts. There is support here.

Most lurkers start off "moderate", go to freeminds, learn that they are part of a lying cult, get pissed, get mad, become "unreasonable", and post here, pissing off moderate former JW's...

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Lars,

"They don't know the messiah arrived in 1992."

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but the Messiah arrived in the first century. You're 2000 years too late!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Lars, I am serious, stay on topic. You are pissing me off. You can state this crap once, but you continually go against this:

10. posting an off-topic comment.

I don't mind you saying your position once. But this subject is about methods to expose JW's, not as an outlet for your idiotic exegesis.

Feel free to state your position once, otherwise, grow a brain, read the topic and title, and either decide to join in the conversation or hijack someone else's thread.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lars..

Have you tried McDonalds new..

"Shut the Fuck-Up Burger"?

.................. ...OUTLAW

• flipper
    flipper

JEFF- Very good thread. I am with Leaving WT in helping people to see the dangers of mind control pushed forth by the WT society. Like him, I feel that EVERY exiting Jehovah's Witness owes it to himself to not only read " Crisis of Conscience " by Ray Franz, but also read both of Steve Hassan's books on mind control " Combatting Cult Mind Control " and " Releasing the Bonds - Empowering People to Think for Themselves ". As apostates it's hard for us to assist witnesses to leave - if we don't educate ourselves to understand what happened to US as witnesses and HOW we were mind controlled. Information access and education first is so important for US and all important before we assist others.

That being said, I don't think that the WT society will be brought down quickly at all. It's going to be a gradual awareness and a gradual turning on to information to expose the WT society to witnesses. I feel that we can each do some work on people living in our own areas one or two witnesses at a time. I always try to use Steve Hassan's reasoning techniques with JW's when they call at my door. I live in an area ( 80 miles removed ) from where I used to live - so NO witnesses in the local congregation EVER knew I was a witness. When they come to the door I just tell them I have some distant JW relatives who have tried to preach to me, but I have a lot of doubts or questions. This opens the witness up to me because they look at me as a potential convert and don't have their aposta-guard up ! Never let them know you WERE a witness or they will immediately not listen to you. And it works for me. I've had discussions of one or two hours at my doorstep dropping off ideas into witnesses minds.

One method I use is I try to use comparitive news items I see happening in OTHER religions or cults , i.e. Scientology, Moromon's, Catholics and then I express to the witness my concern and sadness over seeing these religions do these cetain things, child abuse etc. I make sure it is something that is also happening in the Jehovah's Witness cult as well so that possibly the witness can make the connection in their minds. After going on about the other religions , then I ask them if they have heard about any problems in their church ? Sometimes toward the end of the conversation I've pulled out associated press news releases showing about the child abuse lawsuits which happened with 16 people settling out of court with the WT society in 2007. The look on the faces of the witnesses is usually one of astonishment that this EVEN HAPPENED in their own religion. But it's important for them to hear this stuff - because they will NEVER be allowed to hear it in the confines of the congregations. As Steve Hassan says, they are under " information control " by the WT society. I would go a step further and say they are under " information blackout " actually.

So in a nutshell I think it's important to give Jehovah's Witnesses information they need ; without them knowing or realizing you are doing it. Have to do it carefully so they don't shut their minds down. If you catch them while their minds are open- one by one , brick by brick - some of the mind control can GRADUALLY be infiltrated by authentic information that will free them. But it takes time, skill, and effort on all of our part

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Jeff,

"Most lurkers start off "moderate", go to freeminds, learn that they are part of a lying cult, get pissed, get mad, become "unreasonable", and post here, pissing off moderate former JW's... "

Do you have hard facts on that? Do you know how many lurk here and how many of those who lurk come back and convert afterwards? I'd be very interested in your figures because most JWs I know who come here never return.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

ATJ..

Honestly,I don`t think we can do any more than we have..

The internet has given us momentum..

We have a Sh*t Load of good talent on board..

We will continue to have more and more impact..

I think thats as good as it gets..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I'd be very interested in your figures because most JWs I know who come here never return.

Thats why theres nobody here..

On the Biggest JW Web Site on the Frigg`n Planet..

JWN ROCK`S

The

HOUSE!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit