Apostate Brainstorming Session

by AllTimeJeff 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I have been meaning to bring this up for a long time.

Sometimes, I think we (former JW's) who are very rightly concerned about all the lies of the Governing Body have some great ideas about how to expose Jehovah's Witnesses.

Some of us have very passionate and distinct ideas. Not a few of us have websites with our own personalities evident.

I don't wish this to get personal. Even if I disagree with some presentations or rhetoric of some, I know that it is sincere. So if you have someone in mind, don't name names.

Having said that, surely there are good ideas and less effective ones. What are they? Some clearly have the idea or goal of trying to destroy Jehovah's Witnesses. Is that reasonable? Possible? (if JW's disappeared, would they all bolt to Scientology? lol)

So what works best? To what end? Whatis the goal? What should be the goal?

Part of the reason I am starting this is to talk about expectations. The other reason, methodology, what works best, knowing what we know about the borg.

I'll start with my opinion, generally stated:

I don't believe that it is possible to destroy or bring down JW's. They will be around probably for the rest of my lifetime. If you look at most movements and cults that aren't ended by the FBI or ATF, they seem to wind down. I predict in another 40 years or so, that this will happen to JW's.

I do think that information needs to be continually put out to expose JW's. I am at a loss as to the best way. I truly don't believe, cynical as this sounds, that the public at large cares about the demise of Jehovah's Witnesses. They figured out JW's were nuts well before us. We are just catching up. So imo, to depend on the publics help in a groundwell of support, without a tsunami size scandal to help, is not realistic.

Ok, thats just to get this started. I look forward to hearing other points of view.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I agree with you about the amount of time the bORG will hang in there. The only thing I want to do is help those that I was directly responsible for getting into the cult.

LD

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think the WTS will wind down as you suggest, but there will always be people who are content to allow some authoritarian body to do their thinking for them. As long as that's the case there is always be cults, in one form or another, to accomodate them.

W

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

ATJ, I think that it has to be at a simple grassroots level and not just one method. For instance, I have in the past put printouts directing people to freeminds in the WT and Awake copies that are left in the waiting areas of the hospital I work at. Fortunately my job allows me the time to do this, and although it may not be much, if it keeps just one person away from those bastards, then it was worth it.

I'm sure there are many more ideas out there.

sooner

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My heart really goes out to those who want to bring the borg down. I really feel for them. I just wonder if that is their stated aim, is it possible even through the efforts of such ones?

Inevitably, if they do go down, it will be from self inflicted wounds, imo. It just seems to me that living well is a better answer then chasing the whale down all the time.

So for me, being a part timer, with the exception of a new notables (Randy Watters, Barbara Anderson, and of course, Ray Franz) most of us are limited in what we can do.

Having said that, I would love to bring down the cult, if it is realistically possible. I just don't see that it is.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I predict in another 40 years or so, . . .

The Demise of WT -- Just Around the Corner Since 2009!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

LOL @ leavingwt!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

So what works best?

Books? We have CoC.

Websites? JWD/JWN (I guess H2O, though before my apostate time) have been around since the internet. Freeminds is a great site. There are others too.

Demonstrations? Letter writing? Does it get the job done? Is there something else no one has thought of? I am curious if what is done could be done to greater effect.

Is it a matter of $$??

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I dont want to the JW religion to vanish or be destroyed- people will always believe what they want despite the edvidence in front of them. I would just like to see a crack down on the pain and suffering that cults like the JW's inflict on their members- like the blood, shunning, DFing, restrictions on education and hetrosexual only policies...

I would like to see major changes in these main issues from within the religion itself- failing that I would like to see more governments ban these practices and make it easier for victims of the cults policies to seek due compensation for their plight!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

to depend on the publics help in a groundwell of support, without a tsunami size scandal to help, is not realistic.

I would agree with that and remember the WTS is supported by the freedom of religion aspect of the American government a kind of background support.

The inter-net has been effectively used to expose the many faults and dangers of the WTS. and thats good for everyone concerned even

the general public. Will the JW empire collapses quickly in this endeavor, I really doubt it the organization is just too broad based around the entire world now,

the best we can hope for is gradual shrinking, the effort is indeed a purposeful one though to be sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit