Apostate Brainstorming Session

by AllTimeJeff 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Beleivingexjw (btw, can you give me an acronym to call you by? bxjw?)

Thanks for explaining your premise. I disagree with it. I get where you are coming from, but I doubt most JW's come here to learn about ex JW's. If that is the case, thats cool. I am sure some do. We will probably have to agree to disagree on that.

You had an intriguing question that I think is the key to this...

So, is the catch that first a JW must realize their religion is no good and then they come here and learn their religion is no good?

Yeah, I think so. I don't think that a JW will come here in good faith, thinking they have the truth and be dissuaded otherwise. I do think that the internet community of former JW's primarily caters to those who are willing to be open minded, and thus, more tolerant of "loud" opinions.

Balance and fairness is rewarded with trust. Trust that what is said here is true and not distorted lies.

Again, this isn't that kind of website. This is a JW website dedicated to the expressions of JW's and former JW's (granted, mostly ex JW's) and not to the specific exposing of JW's. This is a forum, an opinion oriented website, not a factual website. Yes, there are more bloggers and opinion pieces here that should get more credence then to say, drag queen posters who think they are Jesus. (I am not kidding on that one). But that is the nature of THIS website. It is not indicative of all that is out there on the internet on JW's.

This website long ago was established on the expression of opinions about JW's. There are facts, and distortions that have to be sifted through. That is why I recommend personally freeminds.org, a website that I visited before I ever joined JWD/JWN or Ronnie's board. Freeminds is all facts, and bloggers who write op pieces there are clearly identified as such, along with a vast resouce of information for any honest JW who would be willing to investigate the real history of JW's.

• flipper
    flipper

JEFF- Outlaw makes a good point about retaining sufficient lawyers if you had a site like you mentioned. I'm just curious : What would a website like you are mentioning have information-wise that hasn't been divulged on this JWN site ? I guess I'm curious about what your modus operandi would be and how would it differ from what we read on this site ? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL! Good idea you have , I'm just curious about the content of info on the site

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Flipper

I think we could procure all the letters to elders, and other sensitive information. Post the elders book and dare them to come after us. In this theoretical scenario, this website would be free of opinion as this forum provides. The purpose of it is to present responsibly all manner of lies and hypocrisy, to use all confidential letters, then to actually have the resources to call the bluff of the Society's lawyers and take them to court, all the way.

Once and for all, lets see if the WTBTS has the legal right to ban their own words from being used against them.

The trick is, to find (relatively) unlimited resources and the rich ex JW who wouldn't mind dicking with the GB for the next 5 years as a hobby? Because thats what it would take.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Personally, the free minds website and Ray Franz books were the most powerful items I came across. I think everyone will be touched in a different way and so there is a need for every possible type of publicity. I think there can never be enough websites, discussion groups, books, articles, comments on newpaper pages about witnesses, blogs, facebook postings, etc. In marketing we say you have to touch someone 7 times to make your point. So the more stuff that is out there- the better.

Obviously, you have to be very careful not to trigger the defense mechanisms of JWs- so common sense, facts and non-adversarial methods are usually more effective. It is also helpful if people come across apostate information when they are not looking for it- which is why I say commenting on news media websites when they have an article about JWs is a great idea. JWs circulate links to these articles all the time.

PS- ATJ- we know people in common- PM me sometime and I'll elaborate.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Jeff,

"(btw, can you give me an acronym to call you by? bxjw?)"

Call me what you will.

You wrote to Flipper, "I think we could procure all the letters to elders, and other sensitive information. Post the elders book and dare them to come after us. In this theoretical scenario, this website would be free of opinion as this forum provides. The purpose of it is to present responsibly all manner of lies and hypocrisy, to use all confidential letters, then to actually have the resources to call the bluff of the Society's lawyers and take them to court, all the way."

What is your aim, your goal? To take down the Watchtower? To get as many as you can out of it? Or to, please don't take this personal, get back? If your aim is to take down the Watchtower, that won't happen. If it's to get many more out, your plan for doing so has already been tried, all manner of evidence has been published on the web. But if it's to get back at them I say go for it!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My aim, my goal with this thread, is to discuss possible new/fresh ways of exposing the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Would people join knowingly if aware of the protection afforded pedophiles? How judicial committees are formed, and children are DF'd and shunned after they made a decision for a lifelong committment before reaching an age of majority?

It isn't to get back at them, it is to expose them, and to have the means to defend against their strong armed tactics that they use to squelch dissent. Thats all.

Do I think that there are some looneys who would join in spite of knowing all of this? Sure, can't help everyone.

lrkr, check your PM.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Jeff, my question referred to the new site you speak of not this thread.

You do realize that to get the information you want to present to people before they get baptized or study you would have to have 7 million exJWs going door to door around the world. A new site will not do much more than has been done already. In the exJW world there is little if not nothing new under the sun. But still I say, go for it! Who knows you might hit gold!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

No, I disagree. Not at all. I never said that JW's are going away, in fact, I think they will be around.

JW's are guilty of suppresion of true information, lying, and taking extreme measures to hide their BS.

Hope that explains my motives.

Do I expect that a bunch of cult followers are suddenly going to look at information they have been indoctrinated to totally ignore under pain of (fake) death by the fake god of the Jews, YHWH? No. I just want it as easily available, on first pages of search engines, and then, let the intellectual honesty of each individual take over.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    but they still grow and still enjoy their families and friends.

believing xjw, that is true if--and only if--those family members and friends are either (a) Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing, or (b) seen as potential converts. Alleged apostates, opposers, and non-believers of all sorts get the cold shoulder. They only enjoy the family and friends the Watchtower Society approves of; all others are of no consequence.

• dissed
    dissed

At this site we are a 'loose confederacy', surely not united with some single purpose. But look at all the good this site has accomplished otherwise.

That's what makes this site so special in my opinion.

Someone comes here, perhaps a lurking JW. Really, if they are here, they have already taken a formative step toward leaving. And what do they find? Information of all sorts, with real lfe experiences. People are being helped that want to be helped. They are getting support in all areas.

But if you really want to hurt the WTS ability to control its followers? This is not the forum to do that. I would suggest first, a private place to talk, listen and plan.

I think greater exposure to the truth about the WTS can be done. Ex-JW's could have a large share in that. But like it was stated earlier, most ex-JW's want nothing to do with the old painful experiences of the WTS. They just want to live a normal life like my wife and me did for 13 years.

It took 13 years for us to figure out how destructive the WTS really is, enough so, to want to help others get out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit