Assembly Call: PLEASE Come Back & Help Us Out---Ministerial Servants & Elders!

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

The WT claims Jehovah works through them. For all intents and purposes, they ARE Jehovah.

If that's the case, then they aren't waiting on Jehovah. He's working right now, through them.

Message to Jehovah/WT: We're tired of waiting. You said Jehovah is working through you, that you're one and the same. So get off your supernaturally-powered asses and fix this goddamned mess you made.

• moshe
    moshe

30 years ago they had brothers lined up for elder/MS positions - Well, maybe the lack of elders is what will close down the KH's.

• minimus
    minimus

I feel bad for those that really do try to be good "servants'. The burden will be unbearable. Plus having to remain perfect examples, that's gotta be the worse! Everytime your kid screws up you're on the carpet. How I do not miss those days!

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

I’ve been serving as an ms/elder for over 9 years. But I’m ready to resign; I have one more year to go (I’m not "waiting on Jehovah"…I’m slowly fafafading, fading!) . I’m tired of this thankless job, the pressure, the unnecessary responsibilities…the misery. If I miss service one Saturday, there comes the questions, “where was I?”, “what was I doing”, “remember you’re an elder, you should be here”. If I’m late to a meeting, it never fails, there is always that fellow elder that says: “you’re late, elders should be here at least 20 min before the meeting starts”, but who doesn’t even bother to ask how was my day, or if there was an accident on your way to the hall, etc. Then you have those members of the body whose lives is defined by the little authority they think they have, they have no authority or respect out side of the hall, but yet they walk around the hall with their chest open carrying a beating rod. They are rude, lacking real spirituality, hiding behind phrases such as “the slave said”, “this is the way the gb wants this to be done”, etc. And don’t get me started on the CO’s attitude and verbal abuses.

I have a very demanding job, but I get more pressure and diminishing self wroth feelings out of being an elder than from my secular job. I hear more expression gratitude and word of encouragement from my non-jw colleagues and relatives than from the JWs. So, I’m glad that many elders and ms are dropping like flies, at least it shows that the majority are tired of the GB crap.

• minimus
    minimus

tj, GOOD 4 U !!! Get out and RUN!!!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    They should increase the salary for the position of elder.

Maybe they should double it.

Rub a Dub

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So much here that I can relate to.. Misery..and tjlibre We know where you are coming from, having been there and done it and suffered the same way.

It was so true that nobody wanted the grotty jobs of Secretary or Accounts. One of the big steps in my dis allusion was when I felt I had been out manoeuvred in the negotiation to be Secretary. I felt dumped upon, angry with myself for allowing it, and now I saw my "brothers" as opponents.

I remember it all, the arguments behind the closed door of the back room, the five minute meetings that become an hour after the Service Meeting, and being shocked at the Pharisaic attitude of some of them.

I still associate, in body but not in mind, with my wife who wants to go. I have seen elders step down in recent years, but none appointed

• minimus
    minimus

"grotty"?

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Mary, I was just about to suggest they use women when I saw your post. We know what foot-kissing looks like when men who want to be elders beg the body to be appointed. But I wonder how a woman would go about kissing up to get appointed. And if women did become elders, it would be even funnier to see new women try to humiliate themselves to women elders to get appointed.

The best would be if new men were trying to get appointed by a body of elderettes.

I would pay good money to see THAT.

Good luck, WT. You lurkers on the newsgroups always think you're cute by bashing those who try to warn people not to study with JW's. I wonder why we don't see many of you HERE where you'd get crushed by 1,000 to 1 odds.

Oh, that's right. JW's don't like to play unless THEY make all the rules and are promised they will win even before they start to play. You better start looking for real jobs. There won't be a WT worth bothering about in a few more decades.

• metatron
    metatron

I can echo what tjlibre says. Difficult as my job was, dealing with the C.O. in particular was discouraging. A very few C.O.'s were good men but most were egotistical, itinerant predators.

It is in this area that we see that the organization is beyond any hope of reform. Whatever success they have in keeping congregations united and fanatically driven is because of the guilt-driven authoritarian way they treat people. Without this, they would crumble into being little more than United Methodists or Unitarians.

The beauty of this is that, the more sincere elders they lose, the more pressure gets put on the remaining elders.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit