Assembly Call: PLEASE Come Back & Help Us Out---Ministerial Servants & Elders!

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

The congregation I was in a a kid was kind of relaxed, even cool. Several of the elders played in a band. No one interfered too much.

I remember other congregations I visited though, where waist coats and bow ties were not allowed.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I used to clean the toilets ....Guess I could go do that again.
    Oh! Never mind!!! I will stay hear & clean those exiting the WT of all the s t
    they dish up....There is so much of it

• minimus
    minimus

Due to the Society's standards (of perfection), most "qualified" men would shy away from "reaching out" as it is a truly thankless job. Who needs the emotional burden of staying 100% "exemplary" or else?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want me to reach out? Here are some of my qualifications:

(1) I have an apartment full of Christmas decorations, and I have the hallway leading to my apartment unit all decorated to the hilt. I also listen to Christmas songs.

(2) I have done zero field circus since June 2005, and reported nothing beyond May 2005. And my last boasting session was the REJECT Jesus Party of 2005.

(3) I have a huge collection of rap music, including the filthiest rap I could get my hands on. Heavy metal, also.

(4) I have a Ouija board, and will not get rid of it for those witlesses.

(5) I visit apostate web sites on purpose, and I will not stop that just so I can do more work.

And for what? So I can join the Value Destroyer Training School, get a billion simultaneous assignments after that, bring the US to Critical Mass, and plunge the US, and then the whole world, into the Second Dark Ages just as Osama Obama is ready to bring Islam to the country? All this will do is bring unnecessary persecution, and if I do my assignment, it will start a war between me and the now-Islam nation, p***ing off the government (which is now Muslim), and make a higher chance of them imposing a more stringent version of Islam instead of a more moderate one. Or, having the whole world being Jehovah's Witlesses.

I think I will stick with worshiping the sun and the Devil. I don't know of even one Dark Ages period started solely by Satan the Devil.

• minimus
    minimus

Wiz....you're in!

• Gordy
    Gordy

In the time since I left, 9 years, I have heard of at least 6 Elders who either have left or resigned.

The thing is that they were, when I was in, the type of JW who you would have thought was a "good strong spiritual" Elder.
    They would be Elders always and never leave.

I recall someone saying that the number of Elders and Min Servants, in UK had in the last 10 years dropped by a third. ?

I remember an Elders wife saying to my wife, that if I ever became an Elder, she should be prepared to hardly ever see me.
    I know we go on about "Elders wives" but this one hated her husband being an Elder. because he was always so stressed.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

stilla, you should do it for the crack.

I cant do it - my heart is not in it - even with my bullshit deflectors set to maximum

• minimus
    minimus

Once you're designated as "exemplary", you've got to prove your standards are outstanding in every facet of your life. NO ONE can do this. So either you stay in, feeling guilty because you know all your personal foibles or you stop being a servant and feel pressured because now you are "selfish".

• metatron
    metatron

What a defeat for the Watchtower? Anyone remember the beginning of the elder arrangement in the '70's? That their hope was to have congregations filled with "older men" ?

I'm surprized it took this long to start begging. Many Northeast congregations have had plenty of ex-elders and servants for years, avoiding re-appointment.

However, their problem is much greater than just numbers of elders. Nearly every congregation I know has elders who are 'deadwood', 'empty suits' or 'ministers without portfolio' types. One of my funniest memories was watching elders fight behind closed doors to avoid getting stuck with any real responsibilites - like the School, being Secretary or having to do Accounts.

One of the stupidest things a C.O. can do is remove an elder from one of these positions and then discover that all the rest refuse to volunteer for the job. ROTFLMAO!

metatron

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If they give me the right to speak freely at the meetings, I'd be MORE than happy to go back and give all kinds of very informative talks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit