Assembly Call: PLEASE Come Back & Help Us Out---Ministerial Servants & Elders!

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was told they were practically begging those elders and servants who are no longer "being used" to help carry the load once again. These people are unbelievable!

• cantleave
    cantleave

God, I must respond - I would love carry all that crap around with me again .

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Apparently serving as Big Brother's eyes and ears is a bit tiresome? And the Robin-esque MS position not all that fulfilling?

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that they need more middle management. Maybe if the job PAID, then it wouldn't be that hard to find willing volunteers, no?

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

They are losing good elders and servants left and right.

The good ones that are left are beat up and burned out for the most part.

Lots of Pharasees and people who have no business being in a position of authority are appointed, since many sincere ones dont want to put up with the BS and the insane workload.

The last few I saw appointed were all glory-hungry ass-kissers who hurt the congregation but loved hearing themselves talk on the platform.

The WTBS doesnt care how they impact the congregation, as long as they get 10 hours in service, get all of the meeting parts done, and make sure the records are in order when the CO comes......

Here is my answer, brothers:

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They should increase the salary for the position of elder.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

They can have my old elder bag. They can't have my time, or my soul. Oh wait, they know I am a major league apostate. They probably didn't mean me....

• 1914BS
    1914BS

For every 3 elders that leaves destroys an entire congregation ----yay!!!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I remember at one convention (possibly the last one I attended) we were told from the platform that there was a need for "40,000 qualified brothers".

Not to much longer after that a weekly meeting was dropped, something that no doubt helps more become "qualified".

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I know many elders are or act like @$$holes, but keep in mind that is how they are trained. $h*t rolls downhill with this cult. The Service Dept (aka, The JW Vatican) isn't even aware of how poorly they treat elders. They have such disdain for elders, then wonder as they treat them like crap, why they quit.

Ridiculous. Why wouldn't you want to just be an average joe, show your face in FS on occasion, and go the hell home!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Please come Back'..

"So we can Treat you like Shit!"..

.................. ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit