Assembly Call: PLEASE Come Back & Help Us Out---Ministerial Servants & Elders!

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've spoken to a few who are still "in" and I'm hearing the same story over and over: A lot of JWs have doubts and there are a some circles where they share their doubts among each other.

Sadly, I suspect that the vast majority of JWs have doubts but are too scared to tell any other JWs for fear of being turned in to the elders. The situation reminds me of the German Stasi. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi

• JWoods
    JWoods

Sadly, I suspect that the vast majority of JWs have doubts but are too scared to tell any other JWs for fear of being turned in to the elders. The situation reminds me of the German Stasi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi

Which sadly continued for years and years in the East German GDR as ordinary people tried to leave. A documentary I saw said that toward the last the wall patrols just pretty much refused to shoot anymore.

The usual rationalization in little circles where several have "doubts" was always - well, the Organization will take care of things if we wait for it long enough...

• agonus
    agonus

Yeah, maybe we should tell the those making this desperate call to wait on Jehovah...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

cant say I miss any of that lot

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Thanks for sharing your post, miseryloveselders. I hope you'll stick around here. We all (in, out, ms, elders, everyone) need to commiserate and support each other as much as possible.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I noticed that my estranged JW husband has been doing construction work on both the hall near our house and an addition on the Convention Hall. It used to be you couldnt be included in working even on KH builds unless you carried and maintained the minimum hours every month. I know he doesnt and never did so apparently they are desperate enough to take anybody who can wield a hammer. Hes a contractor. A good one...perhaps they "overlook" that pesky hour requirement eh?

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Misery..........

OMG you just described 14 yrs of my life! Not sure if I wanna do that again.

• minimus
    minimus

And they wonder why those who know better refuse to come back.

• Violia
    Violia

I knew several elders who had serious doubts. One told me that he kept some thoughts to himself. He was not worried, he was sure he could wait on Jehovah. He just knew enough not to express those doubts.

I think that is very common.

• agonus
    agonus

"Wait on Jehovah..."

Your WHOLE. FREAKING. LIFE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit