Assembly Call: PLEASE Come Back & Help Us Out---Ministerial Servants & Elders!

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

Good!

I hope the lack of manpower causes The Watchtower to shrink!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm currenlty serving, and miserable as a result, hence the screen name. Your treated like an animal to some degree. . You just got done working 8-10 hours. You rush home to get ready for a meeting. Cut yourself shaving and didnt realize it until you see the blood on your collar. Gotta find and iron another shirt, or at least iron in the places where your jacket won't cover the wrinkles. Pack your bag. Right before walking out the door, the phone rings. Sister DaLasMinute needs a ride. So you pick her up. You listen to her broken record for 15 minutes on your way to the hall. You walk in the door, the school overseer asks if your ready for tonight? Oops, thats right, you've got the bible highlights! And it's Numbers 1-3. Great. Somehow you manage to keep it within the alotted time. You ask the audience if they've anything to share? Two people comment. You sit througt the Service meeting listening to what seems was the exact same meeting as last week. Possibly even the meeting before. The poorly prepared demonstration makes you chuckle to yourself. After the concluding prayer, an announcement is made, that the PO wishes to see all the elders in the back briefly. Briefly ends up being a 1/2 hour.

After the brief meeting, Sister Schizo wishes to speak to you privately. It seems one of the points you brought out in the highlights, offended her somehow, and she's upset. After dealing with her, Sister Deluded approaches you, and requests you study with her criminally delinquent son. She thinks only you have what it takes to reach him. Oh, and the sister who needed a rider earlier, she needs you to take her grocery shopping before dropping her off. She says it wil be brief. She was brief enough that she needs assistance bringing the bags up the steps to her home. She offers a couple dollars for gas, which you respectfully decline. You walk in your apartment door at 10:47pm. The phone rings, Sister Schizo is calling. You answer, and now she's crying and apologizing for earlier. She asks if you will go on a Return Visit with her on Saturday. Somehow you manage to say yes. You turn on the tube, only to find out you just missed a game winning home run. But knowing you'll be able to get another 15 minutes in field service with Sister Schizo's return visit on Saturday, makes it all worth it. Hey, the next time the C.O. comes, maybe you can take him along.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

great post miseryloveselders!!!

• Violia
    Violia

Misery

that is an amazing post. You left out the sister who has marriage problems and decides you are the answer to her problems.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow, misery, at least the sister offered you a couple of bucks.

• minimus
    minimus

Misery, welcome! I could relate. Ah, the good old days!

• xcellxior
    xcellxior

I remember serving as an MS. Rushing to get to the meeting because unlike most of the elders I actually had a real job which didn't involve cleaning windows and having my own work schedule. I remember arriving home at 7 and rushing throwing on suit, cutting my face up shaving like a looney. Get to the meeting at 7:25, rush to get the sound set up, test microphones. Then have to do highlights or local announcements. Or both.

Argh. So many wasted evenings... When I stepped down after serving 4-5 years not one elder thanked me for busting my hole. I was the good guy who was always there to step in... who always said "Yes no prob...". I get the occasional "We miss you" blah blah shit. I was only a donkey who did work and put a report in at the end of the month.

They are desperate now for brothers. In my cong they even reinstated a former MS who just a few months ago doubted the existance of God and the flood being a global event... (imagine that...). They have elders serving who are popping anti-d's.

• minimus
    minimus

I think there are many who do not 100% believe everything they're told to accept.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

misery, loved you post. The blood on the collar thing has totally happened to me, I laughed reading it. It's always amazing to me what a culture the wts has created, reading posts like this that are identical to many others experiences.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I think there are many who do not 100% believe everything they're told to accept.

You know it. Or, like my husband, deliberately choose to look the other way

Welcome, misery, great to hear to from you. Please tell us more if and when you're ready.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit