Why do Ex-JWs start celebrating pagan Christmas?

by DubR 221 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well if we never celebrated anythign withpagan backgrounds then we would never celebrate anything at all, heck we wouldn't even get married !

Besides, I don't see anything worng with marking a date to celebrate the brith of our lord and saviour.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'I was making a point to self-righteous Christians and these retarded "im anointed and part of the elect" Christians running around here that condemn atheists and agnostics but celebrate a holiday that Im sure would get them killed by their jealous retarded God!!'

Ahh, gotcha. Christianity is pagan, if they trace back the major ideas. Just that christians have refined the paganism a bit. Underneath, it's still pagan. I believe, that that is why christianity was able to devour europe like wildfire, it's the same stuff, only more elegant and unified.

S

• DubR
    DubR

Exactly Satanus!! You get my point

Of course, some of these dumb Christians will still feel like they have to defend their "pagan" holiday created by their "pagan" religion (Christianity). lol

• mouthy
    mouthy

Now, to all of you professed Christians who love the LAWD, to me you are some of the biggest hypocrites out there.

Well thank you adopted grandson...Your allowed to believe as you like ....So I am a hypocrite,,,but
    I believe the way we are judging others we will be judged likewise

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

because I realized that the origin is irrelevant...

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

go on and share the lie of Santa Clause to their little ones? That just seems messed up. (yes, I know I took a portion of your sentence and you were just asking instead of stating this as your own thoughts)Try going into the children's section at the library...its ALLLLL about fantasy and *false* characters. It expands their imaginations. I believed Cinderella, Superman, and Wonder Woman were real when I was a child. When I found out they werent I wasn't traumatized. In fact, I felt proud that I was a *grown up* (at the ripe old age of 7) and didnt believe that stuff anymore. It's part of a small child's life to be filled with imagination and fantasy.

Someone else pointed this out above and I agree: While Christmas may have been rooted in pagan practices (which I no longer think is scary either since pagans are simply people who are not christians) , that isn't what is means today. In fact, Xmas means different things to different people. For me, its a time to spend with family who understands the meaning of unconditional love. "Why not do that everyday instead of one day a year?" some may ask. My answer: its not realistic. My family lives all over the U.S. ....why fight it? Slip on your pagan wedding ring, take the pagan pinata hitting stick outta your a$$, and put on a Santa suit.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Because the WTS is a dangerous high control cult, that is blood guilty of the death of tens of thousands who have lost their lives through the blood/ organ transplant policy and who contributed to the death of the own brethren in Malawi, also the unique relationship they enjoyed with the Harlot and Wild Beast of Revelation with their membership to the UN. So the bottom line is Xmas aint's no big deal

• highdose
    highdose

personaly i worship the sun in the summer, wearing a bikni and on the beach...

• minimus
    minimus

Why not?? I believe in uttering the days of the week and months of the year. I believe in wedding bands. JWs clearly pick and choose how far they'll go to label something as pagan and unacceptable.

Toasting is considered demon inspired. Well, that's a crock. But if they say it's pagan and unacceptable it's to be avoided. They are arbitrary. I've decided to be less arbitrary and not make a big deal of the origins and enjoy what you experience today.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    personaly i worship the sun in the summer, wearing a bikni and on the beach...

Pics or video or it never happened !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit