Why do Ex-JWs start celebrating pagan Christmas?

by DubR 221 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

Billy the Ex, I'm a-gonna HOLD you to that promise! I wanna HEAR those accordians YOWL!! Zid

(What!!!??! No ACCORDIAN-PLAYING Smileys??!!??) Zid
    jk

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Can't read the entire thread but here's my 2 cents:

Analogy: If say some Muslim Country took over the US and converted all of our holidays into Muslim holidays wouldn't that be a total defeat of US ideals? Or if they imposed Sharia law over our Constitution, wouldn't that just rub it that the US Constitution lost and the Sharia Law won? And thousands of years from now if no one even knew those holidays were once US holidays, wouldn't that just be the ultimate humiliation?

Converting a pagan holiday into a Christian one merely emphasizes the defeat of paganism by Christianity. The fact that pagan holidays were so taken over by Christian ones to the point where the majority of people don't even know it was once pagan totally shows defeat. In fact, by the JW's constantly making an issue of it and reminding people that the holidays were once pagan, the are actually undermining the defeat.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sounds like everyone should give thanks for the pagans of old, for they seemed to have started all the fun things of life

I give thanks! I give thanks! I GIVE THANKS!

The Sabbats rock!

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Reasonably, what difference does it really make what the origin is of Christmas or any holiday, it is what the motive is for why a person is doing it now. So what if Nimrod killed men on his birthday, that does not mean that I will celebrate birthdays along with the act of killing men or women. It boils down to the fact that a Stupid Ass named Joseph Rutherford, had a plan to create rules for a cult, without rules all encompassing rules , you can’t control their rank and file. What is so wrong with deciding for yourself what your conscious will allow you to do or not do in worshiping of your god? I feel that I was a Stupid Ass to have let anyone, religion or otherwise Dictate To Me and my family what I will or will not do in my personal life, besides I have deprived my daughters of many happy times looking forward to Christmas just being together with pretty lights and goodies, even if I can’t afford all kinds presents I can afford togetherness and memories, and a nip of cheer.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Zid, wanna join the all-girl Pantsmas Day Accordian Band?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3NeEpaJSdg

• ziddina
    ziddina

Billy the Ex, rofl

But where are all the pantsless, polka-dotted dogs??? Whooops. Wait... That's "Pantsmas"... Boy, is my face red...

Zid

jk

• ziddina
    ziddina

Right on, White Dove! Me, too!

, Pagans, for all the FUN holidays!!

Zid jk

• lrkr
    lrkr

and Happy Festivus

for the rest of us.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Bring back that old-time nature religion !

Blessed be, ziddina and White Dove !!

• ziddina
    ziddina

(((((hugs))))) Parakeet!!!

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit