Tiger Woods Seriously Injured In Car Crash!

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow... hit in the head by a golf club.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Besides MJ, what other black person appears to be ashamed of their blackness? And how is that determined?
    Donny

Donny, I believe your question is sincere; I shall proceed from that assumption, anyway.

Whenever Black people make it big and proceed to marry into or surround themselves with people of another race, it is looked upon with disfavor in the Black community.

"Gettin' too big for us," is the usual lament.

I mentioned OJ already; Sammy Sosa appears to be next in line.

Sylvia

• donny
    donny

It was a sincere question. I have heard that comment from time to time but I never understood what the criteria was. I have heard it applied to Oprah Winfrey, Kobe Bryant and many others. What puzzles me is I have heard black youth apply it to other black youth simply because they choose to excel academically instead of by way of sports and and the like.

Another reason I probably don't understand it much, is that my family contains folks from just about every major ethic group here in the U.S. My current wife is Asian and my former wife was of Mexican decent and my 3 kids are of half Mexican and half Irish decent and my niece is of half African decent.

Donny

• snowbird
    snowbird
    What puzzles me is I have heard black youth apply it to other black youth simply because they choose to excel academically instead of by way of sports and and the like.

Exactly, and that's the egregious part.

I was often told, in jest, by my peers that I acted White.

Why?

I used good English, read voraciously, ate lots of nuts, fruits, and salads, and eschewed sexual involvement.

According to them, this was what White girls did.

LOL.

Sylvia

• sir82
  • restrangled
    restrangled

Can't some of these people get some privacy?...Good Lord it's like a JW elders meeting for DFing.

Who cares.....he had an accident.....does his entire life have to be called in to question?

r.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Who the $&% cares? Or rather, who in their right mind cares? Its very twisted to enjoy the "news" of someone with a clean image having an affair. If anything, people should just be sorry for his family and move on. You don't have to ingest everything the media presents.

• yknot
    yknot

I have s some sincere 'ask a black distant cuz' questions.....

While Tiger's father is black.....his momma ain't .......so is being 'black' in the 'black community' a one drop rule, based on culture one was raised or can he choose to be called Asian or Thai......

What about biracial children raised by exclusively 'white' families......like my and hubby's cousins (or dare I say a certain most powerful free-world leader).

....honestly I just don't understand why there needs to be continued division and lack of full emersion into the larger 'melting pot'.....like all other races, cultures, and ethnicities have done.........

• LightCloud
    LightCloud

He is just another RICH and talented athlete which in our society basically can do anything he wants and get away with it. While regular Joe's no matter what their race would have to dearly pay for any infidelities, or illegal acts we commit he will basically walk away scott free and able to continue on in life with his standard of living not hurt one bit and his availablity of women not hurt one bit either.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"....honestly I just don't understand why there needs to be continued division and lack of full emersion into the larger 'melting pot'."

Honestly there doesn't need to be a continued division, but sadly it's continued by black and white folks. I don't have a problem with Tiger being married to a white woman just like I don't have a problem with Halley Berry having children with a gorgeous white man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit