Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• snowbird
    snowbird

The family reunion will be in July of this year.

I want to go, and then again, I don't want to go.

We had nothing on which to go but oral history, and the old ones have all passed off the stage.

I have a burgeoning feeling of hope that something is about to happen - but where and when?

Maybe when the weather turns warm, I'll be better able to sort through things.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Snowbird, dear ...

Mixed emotions? I have usually allowed the heart to lead me [forget about the heart being treacherous!]. Rarely have I regretted any encounter with family, however apprehensive I had been initially.

Love,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yeah, mixed emotions.

I love my family, but some members are better off being loved at a distance.

My decision to cast my lot in and out of the JW's didn't help!

LOL.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

THE EYES AS WINDOWS ...

Aleksandr's eyes had a certain vacancy about them; nevertheless, they locked firmly into my own unremitting, wondering gaze. Behind his melancholic stare I sensed a yearning for that faraway land glimpsed and, perhaps, inhabited fleetingly by a fortunate few during the reverie of slumber.

Nostalgic for land and family across the Atlantic, I should think, this newcomer to a nation as alien to him as though he had disembarked from board ship and landed mistakenly on the moon through some wrong turn, appeared to be elsewhere mentally and emotionally.

Certainly I had no way of knowing what was going on in that head capped by a mop of ragged black curls, adorning a face at once both femininely delicate and porcelain and, yet, one absolutely masculine.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Handsome young fellow.

As King David of old, beautiful of eyes and of countenance.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Al·ex·an·der (al′ig zan′d?r). noun. a masculine name: dim. Alec, Alex, Sandy; equiv. Fr. Alexandre, It. Alessandro, Russ. Aleksandr, ...

The name Alexander means defender of men.

How many Alexanders do you know?

How many Davids do you know?

The Hebrews pronounced David as Dau Weed, I believe.

I know it means "beloved."

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Syl, for your research into A and D.

Aleksandr A. Blok - famous Russian poet.

My third and last attempt at keeping a signal sufficient to post ...

CC

• snowbird
    snowbird
    My third and last attempt at keeping a signal sufficient to post ...
    CC

Oh, CoCo.

If only I had the means ...

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

You're a sweet , snowbird! Thanks for the kind and generous response.

I just never know when it'll work. The other day it worked indoors. I'm on the deck now and the atmospheric conditions must be perfect ... whatever! At least I get on a bit most days; no more hours of obsessive netting [which is good?!?!?].

With gratitude,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's just that I love your stories so much.

They are like balm to my soul.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit