The Worst Thing About Being in your 40's

by Robdar 97 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Awwww.....sad.

• maputo95
    maputo95

The best thing about being in your 40s in that you are not being in your 50s. It's been 10 years since I last waved goodbye to my mother. I'm 55 and staring the big 6-0 in the face. My brother is about to turn 60 and my best friend is trying to get back into the WT after 40 years' absence. I have panic attacks when I think of decreased friends and even the deaths of celebrities whom I have never met saddens me. I really am sorry for Michael Jackson. I get some peace from praying to Jesus and imagining the purgatorial way could be reincarnation. Old movies with their imperishable worlds give me comfort as does the 'live in the moment' philosophy. A good movie on this is: "What Dreams May Come" with Robin Williams.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

(((( Rob )))) My old friend, I know... all too well...

What you said back at the beginning of this thread (which I'm just now reading for the first time) about spending some time with your parents? I highly recommend it. Trust me, no matter how much bad water has passed under the bridge, if you don't try, you'll regret it someday.

Regrets. Another thing about bein' in your 40's...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I turn 41 this year and some days I feel it, BIG TIME !!

LOL !

Most of the time I don't feel it, I mean, what does an age feel like?

I notice it more when I workout, I need a longer warm up soemtimes and need more motivation.

The aftermath is also noticable, it takes longer to recover and if I have an injury, it takes longer to heal.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Maputo, I appreciate your idea regarding reincarnation. Reincarnation is a possibility, I guess. I do believe there is something more to this existence.

I have been visiting with Ken's widow and son this evening. I admire their belief that death is a part of life and is to be embraced once it comes calling. Although she is very sad, and at times angry, she seems mostly at peace. I listened to my friend explain to her son why she had daddy cremated and her son is holding up well. It is so much different from the way we were raised as witnesses.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    (((( Rob )))) My old friend, I know... all too well...

(((((Cowboy))))) I know you know all too well. I wonder if the grief ever really goes away?

I am surprised and pleased to see you post. It's been so long. I hope life has been treating you kindly.

I am sending you a pm.

Love you.

R

• moshe
    moshe

You realize that all the planning for a successful career is at the whim of the economic gods.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

The fear of having children so u get a vasectomy.....I mean ahhh nothing, everything is great about being in your 40's!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit