The Worst Thing About Being in your 40's

by Robdar 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

The worst thing about being in your 40's is your friends start to die.

It's the first year anniversary of the passing of my friend, John Kessler. He was so tall, so blonde, so loving and so goofy. John's death proves only the good die young--cut down by a brain tumor at the age of 49.

I miss you John.

I just got off the telephone with my dad. A childhood girlfriend passed away due to complications from diabetes. And although I haven't seen her in about 30 years, it is amazing how vivid my memories are of her. Of how much fun she was--how she could make me squeal with laughter.

I remember her and me as little girls hiding under the bed and telling each other demon and ghost stories and always reassuring each other that as long as we called on Jehovah, we would be saved.

It's been so long since I've seen her. Why do I feel like crying?

A.H. you were a good friend. I am glad for the time I knew you. While I live, you will live on in my heart. Good night for now.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Awww Rob

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Sorry for the loss of your friends, Robdar.

Wait till you hit 50 and every death you hear about seems to be only a few years older than myself or worse yet, younger.

Amazing how differently you look at things knowing you have lived~~~~ most probably over half your life already.

(((((((((Robdar)))))))))

• Robdar
    Robdar

Thank for the hugs. I needed them.

I haven't seen A. in so many years and yet her death hurts my heart so much.

And John. Sweet John, always smiling.

All this death. Death of my friends, my relatives, my beloved pets. It's starting to wear me down.

And yes, Purps, it is amazing how differently I look at things now.

• beksbks
    beksbks

From what I'm told, we're just at the beginning. At least you were able to talk to your dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XypVcv77WBU

• Robdar
    Robdar
    At least you were able to talk to your dad.

Yes, and I thank God for that.

It has been on my mind that it may be time to go home--get to know my folks in their post jw years. I am not sure how much time I have left with them. I am sure that it won't be time enough.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Do it Rob. I can speak from a type of experience.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Sorry to hear about your loss, Robyn. Unfortunately as we age we lose friends and family. But we should be thankful that we are still here to remember the happy times we shared with those we have lost.

• Robdar
    Robdar

It's good to see you again, Athanasius. What happy times we have had together. I hope you are well. Much love to you.

I appreciate your advice, Athan. It is good, as always.

I am thankful for the companionship of the ones who have left before me. I am trying to be happy. I really am.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Aww Rob,

Grieve, it's healthy, don't stifle the process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit