The Worst Thing About Being in your 40's

by Robdar 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

So sorry for your loss Robdar..

I believe that sometimes they do come back and talk to you. My hubby came back to me in a dream and it was so real...it was a few months after he died but he was laying next to me in bed and hugging me. Then he said "I have to go now" and I knew he was right. I quit crying so much after that night.

I am in my 60's and yes I have reading glasses lol But seriously I have lost a few friends in their 50's. Funny thing is one of my Drs that treated my high blood pressure when I was fifty died suddenly and he was 50 just like me. He was a heart Dr and he had a stroke!!! I had one die before that and he was only a few years older than me (cancer).Then I had another Dr die on me.(also cancer) He was older .....but mostly I started hearing about friends dying in theirs and my 50's. It got so for a while the Obits were the first thing I would read..

I really got tired of losing all my Drs...now I figure I know more than they do cause I'm still here..

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I'm desperately longing BACK to the days when I was in my 40s.
    But I remember I then had panic attacks because I had reached 40.
    NOW, that is soon 20 years ago.

I would never have guessed you were close to 60 because of your young spirit.

The panic attacks suck, don't they? I had a panic attack the night I turned 25. I really thought it was the beginning of the end. It turned out to be one of the best years of my life.

I would love to be 25 again

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Started thinking about retirement for real

That's a fact, PS. I am socking it away like squirrel nuts in the winter. It isn't easy saving and making sure you have still have fun with your mind on your money and your money on your mind.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Sacolton:

Being single.

As attractive as you are, I am surprised you are single. I am sure you will not continue in that state.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    ....knowing you'll be in your 50's

well, the 40's have been weird so far. I have no reason to suspect the 50's will be any different. I don't mind getting older but I do mind the dust in the wind.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Dimming eyesight and the aches and pains that seem to come and go with the weather. But I'm just wishing my freakin periods (along with cramps that vicodin can't kill) would go away...I'm 44 ain't no more babies coming out of this body!!

Hey, did I ever tell you about my 46 year old gf who, with her one remaining good egg, produced a bouncing baby boy? Yep, she had him and then went into menopause. Boy, were she and her husband surprised.

• John Doe
    John Doe

That's a fact, PS. I am socking it away like squirrel nuts in the winter.

What if you lose your nuts?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I believe that sometimes they do come back and talk to you. My hubby came back to me in a dream and it was so real...it was a few months after he died but he was laying next to me in bed and hugging me. Then he said "I have to go now" and I knew he was right. I quit crying so much after that night.

What an awesome, loving experience to be blessed with.

It fills me with joy to think that the love you shared with each other might have been a bridge between the spaces that seperated you.

Thank you, Snoozy.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    It fills me with joy to think that the love you shared with each other might have been a bridge between the spaces that seperated you.

You have no idea how difficult it is for me to refrain from commenting.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    You have no idea how difficult it is for me to refrain from commenting.

Yes, I do.

You're a good man, JD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit