Official visit from two local elders one fine Sunday morning

by SnakesInTheTower 62 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

great work Richard - feels good don't it?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It might be possible that from the jack-o-lantern, they might just say that you DA'ed. It is semantics to you but easier for them.

Great to hear of your freedom.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Dude, looks like you have topped the book burning!

Keep us up to date with the new life :)

All the best,

Stephen

• dinah
    dinah

Rich, reading about your visit just shows what a cult they are. A nosy sister runs to the elders and they must go check it out. It's a pathetic religion and it's all about control.

You finally got your life back. Congrats! And, yes, I'm sure Toni did have a measure of fear that you would go back. Cult indoctrination has a powerful pull. You are now free. Good to see her mind is at rest on all this. I can only imagine how evil all this looks from an outsider's (never a Witness) point of view.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Congratulations Snake, you did a great job! Iam looking forward to do something similar some day...

Albert

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

That is the part that kills me...LOL...how they really DON'T stop to think how they make themselves appear to the 'world' by the things they do and say. Now that my boyfriend knows ALL the ins-and-outs about my being DF'd, has heard about all the shunning and cruel way I was treated by the 'shepherds', and has seen first hand how the elders take liberties by just stopping by unannounced - he has NO desire to have anything to do with JWs ever!!! Crazy part is that he talks about JWs more then I do...and when I asked him the other day WHY he keeps bringing them up and getting me 'started' in on venting about my situation with them, he said "because I don't want you to forget how they are...I don't want you to go back to that." REALLy put things in perspective.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Great news Snakes. yeah, don't waste your time playing their games. They can write paperwork, call meetings, make announcements, and put in many hours of busywork for a corporatized sectarian American religion. You can go live your life and spend time with those who love you. "F*** this s***," is the most appropriate thing I can say.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

The greatest victory over the WT is to live a good life.

Word.

• Open mind
    Open mind
    AND I AM NO LONGER ONE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.......MY NAME IS RICHARD E BAILEY,,,62ND CLASS OF MTS...FORMER MEMBER OF ALTON, IL METRO AND CENTRAL CONGOS...AND WOOD RIVER...AND CARLYLE.....YOU CAN DF ME IF YOU LIKE.... I HAVE MY FREEDOM....AND A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY.....SOMETHING THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY not only could not provide, but interfered with.
    And while you elders are at it...I registered to vote and voted in 2 elections...My fiancee lives with me and we do all the normal things that fiancees do....I carved a Jack o lantern.... bought my fiancee a birthday gift, took her out for a birthday dinner, bought her a birthday cake and had a birthday party...we went to the Haloween parade...and I have started my Christmas Shopping....all concerned normal outside of the cult.
    And best of all...YOU WOULD CONSIDER ME AN APOSTATE....and whoever showed you this on the internet is too....LOL
    they cannot disfellowship me...I already quit...announce what you want......idiots...

Give me a minute. I'm sure I can smell "repentance" in there somewhere.

Good for you Rich! All the best to you and yours in the years ahead.

om

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Keep it coming Snakes we're glued to our seats, we want part 2/3 !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit