I am gay and Jehovah Witness

by yosisoy 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Hello, I am Jehovah Witness and gay. I am from Puerto Rico. I would like to know how hard is to leave the organization. I need some help from people who did it.

Thanks for your help.

No you are not a J.W. if you are gay. The two do not mix. You cannot be Christian and gay, because the bible condemns the practice of men who sleep with men....you are gay is all you can say.

t.f.d.s.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

yosisoy

Some consider SonOf to be at the very least, weird.

My brother was gay, was disfellowshipped, and committed suicide for a lack of support. I am not suggesting you are there, but there is a unique stress on gay Jehovah's Witnesses.

Please know that since this is the internet, the occasional person who either disagrees with you or is otherwise "weird" will weigh in. Feel free to filter that out so that you can get to the good advice and support you need.

As far as leaving, it isn't that simple, due to social stigmas attached to being gay, and how much you want to come out. As you feel comfortable, perhaps you can share some general specifics on your situation.

Nice to make your acquaintance. :)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

yosisoy

Suffice to say, many are here for you. I will be paying attention should you want to give some more detail. If not, I wish for you wisdom in the decisions you will face.

• watson
    watson

Maybe it would have been better if he had said that he was a "homosexual" Jehovah's Witness. There are many homosexual Jehovah's Witnesses. They may not practice the homosexual sex act, but they would tell you that, Yes, they are homosexual.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    He stated that he was gay, so therefore is practicing it.

Wrong. That's merely your assertion.

Of course I understand sin and forgiveness.

Then how can you make a statement that someone who sins cannot be a christian?

Yes I speak for GOD, and anyone else that reads the bible can as well. For it is plainly stated that GOD condemns such practice......this is too easy.

Have you read Romans 14:12? Why don't you read for us James 1: 19-25 and Matthew 7: 1-5?

• watson
    watson

JD, he can read those scriptures, but he will have to read over the societies publications before he can comment.

• AllTimeJeff
  • John Doe
  • Son of Man
  • John Doe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit